Job Requisition:Research Technician III
Leidos' Military & Veterans Health Solutions Group is sourcing for candidates for a Research Technician III to support the Naval Medical Research Unit in San Antonio, TX (NAMRU-SA). This position is contingent upon contract award.
- Responsible for supporting laboratory based research applying the latest scientific knowledge towards the solution of a broad range of theoretical and practical problems in the areas of hemorrhage and resuscitation, immunomodulation, directed energy bio effects, bioassay development, craniofacial, and infectious diseases.
- Implements and maintains research files.
- Recommends changes to protocols and standard operating procedures for research under contract and for review by the Government.
- Modifies and plans research experiments, procedures, and tests.
- Coordinates the implementation of sponsored and PI initiated laboratory research studies, including maintenance of study records and activities associated with internal and external audits in coordination with the PI.
- Assists in research design.
- Assists with preparation for presentations and written published articles.
- Sets up, operates, modifies and calibrates laboratory equipment and apparatus.
- Assists the Government in ordering and maintaining inventory of supplies related to research under contract.
- Provides additional functions incidental to research activities.
- Makes judgments concerning suitability of potential participants for research and/or clinical trials.
- Develops and implements recruitment strategies for contract personnel, recommends changes to protocol for research under contract and for review by the Government, ensures regulatory requirements are followed and oversees work of more entry level contract personnel.
- Report on status of activities.
- Analyze data using scientific or statistical techniques.
- Conducts and supports surgical procedure, operating room maintenance, animal disease prevention and health surveillance, appropriate animal housing, record keeping, ensuring specific pathogen free techniques; services shall not include inherently Governmental functions.
- Daily handle and restrain various small and large animal species.
- Maintains traffic patterns, sterile equipment, pest control, and record keeping.
- Conducts daily and weekly inspections or areas of contractor responsibility to ensure compliance with standards.
- Assists the Government in coordinating animal procurement and shipping procedures; services shall not include inherently Governmental functions.
- Coordinates animal research work activities between Research Scientist, animal care staff, and research laboratory technicians.
Associate’s degree with five years of experience, or Bachelor’s degree plus three years of experience, or Master’s degree
U.S. Citizenship is required
Must have or be able to obtain Secret U.S. Government Clearance to be hired
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Laboratory Scientist2000Health
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.