Job Requisition:Sr. Project Scheduler
Leidos has an opening for a highly motivated candidate to join our team in New Orleans, LA as a Sr. Project Scheduler. The successful candidate will work as part of our team supporting a long-term program for an Investor Owned Utility client at a client site.
This position is responsible for the creation, maintenance, updating and analysis of person-hour and cost loaded schedules for projects and programs in Primavera P6. The position is also responsible for ensuring all scheduling requirements are implemented and adhered to for all schedule-based needs for the appropriate level of management and oversight are met.
Individual uses critical thinking techniques that are applied to project planning process and across multiple projects where necessary. He/she ensures the project has reliable cost and schedule estimates and achieves project goals on time and budget. The Scheduler makes sure projects have schedule, scope and risk controls implemented in accordance with Project Delivery Standard and in line with the requirements of our client’s processes. Additionally, the individual will provide our client’s Management with quality, forward looking data and reporting.
Primary Duties & Areas of Responsibility:
- Develop all fully resource loaded, and cost loaded project and program level schedules and Work Breakdown Structures (WBS), integrated with all applicable vendors’ schedules in accordance with our client’s Project Delivery Standard (PDS), in alignment with our client’s Stage Gate Process and as consistent with project/program specific contract and scope requirements
- Performing schedule analysis on projects
- Responsible for scheduling and dependency management within and across his/her assigned portfolios
- Schedule audits
- Provide earned value support
- Cost and resource loading data in accordance with program / project governance procedures
- Interfaces with Project Manager/Project Leads to gather data and adjust scheduling parameters
- Interface as required with all stakeholders on a project level and program level
- Create and maintain the scheduling database for all schedule templates and historic/completed, proposed, and active schedules for projects and programs
- Collaborates with the Project Manager, Financial Analyst and applicable vendors for the alignment and forecasting of project financials based on actual cost and schedule performance as reflected in the project schedule
- Advise management on best use of coding / templates / reports within the scheduling software
- Provides forward looking schedule analysis to leadership
- Evaluate project schedule progress and performance and identify developing problem areas
- Conduct analysis to determine alternative courses of action or recovery on slipped schedules
- Establish, maintain and report baseline and current schedule status in efforts to communicate clear, accurate and objective project and program progress updates
- Proactive communication of scheduling impacts to major milestones and critical path activities in accordance with the project/program timeline commitments
- Partner with project manager and leads in preparation for the project’s estimate-to-complete (ETC)
- Perform schedule analytics and critical path management reviews to determine and communicate the quality and accuracy of the schedule
- Analyze and report anticipated and current schedule status for communication to proactively focus management’s attention of known or potential areas of concern or risk
- Attend project meetings, assist in taking and relaying meeting notes, action items
- Adhere to in accordance with our client’s Project Scheduler Standards
- 5+ years of scheduling experience using Primavera P6
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Information Technology, Computer Science, MIS, Engineering, Construction Management or equivalent work experience
- High degree of computer literacy including advanced knowledge of MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, and the remainder of the MS Office suite.
- Solid understanding of Project Management and Project Management Office
- Ability to work independently, with minimal supervision and work effectively in a collaborative team environment
- Excellent researching, decision-making and organizational skills are required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Proven analytical, evaluative, and problem-solving abilities
- Work independently and follows through on assignments with minimal direction while keeping the team informed
- Possess a mastery of basic/generic data skills (tools & concepts)
- Maintain confidentiality and adhere to data protection and other guidelines where appropriate
- Capital project management experience with project controls (scheduling) focus
- Complex Problem Solving -- identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions
- PMI-SP and/or PMP certification preferred
- Primavera P6 certification desirable
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Project Analysis1000Civil
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.