Job Requisition:Entry Level Data Scientist - TS/SCI w/ Poly
This role uses Data Science and Engineering techniques to satisfy customer requirements. This role evaluates and uses algorithms for Natural Language Processing (NLP), Artificial Intelligence (AI), and Machine Learning (ML). This role develops scripts, notebooks or applications (using Python or Java and associated libraries or frameworks: Scikit-Learn, Numpy, Tensorflow, Pytorch, Spark, Spark MLlib, H20.ai, etc.) that utilize, collect, aggregate and clean large data sets to perform analysis, clustering, entity resolution and structured information extraction for work products. Models are trained and refined using these tools and evaluated for effectiveness using appropriate criteria/metrics for the task. This role collaborates across a team of Senior Data Scientists, Data Administrators, Software and Data Engineers to produce work products.
- This role supports creation of designs and method, process, and system development to consolidate and analyze structured and unstructured, diverse sources including big data sources.
- This role will concentrate on data, pattern identification and analysis. As such will evaluate capabilities and analysis in Natural Language Processing, Machine Learning, predictive modeling, statistical analysis and hypothesis testing
- This role develops and uses advanced software programs, algorithms, query techniques, model complex business problems, and automated processes to cleanse, integrate, and evaluate datasets.
- Works with cross-discipline teams to ensure connectivity between various data sources and business problems.
- Identifies meaningful insights and interprets and communicates findings and recommendations.
- This role develops algorithms and analytical techniques to improve business performance.
- Will research and explore emerging analytics and big-data technologies.
- Candidate must have experience in Machine Learning
- Familiar with developing Random Forests decision trees and subsequent analysis.
- Experience with Splunk and deployment methodologies
- Familiar with negotiating complex scenarios and challenges and devising courses of action to resolve situations with predictable outcomes.
- Candidate must have Bachelors with 2-4 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2 years of prior relevant experience.
- Candidate must have an active TS/SCI with polygraph.
- Experience with R and MapReduce
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Data Scientist2000Intelligence
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.