Job Requisition:Airborne Sensor Operator
The Surveillance and Reconnaissance Group currently has an opening for an Airborne Sensor Operator (ASO) supporting a US Army ISR program based OCONUS. Leidos is providing subject matter expertise for a manned aerial platform providing imagery and multi-source data for both real-time and after-action analysis. The ASO will be responsible to collect and provide limited analysis of multi-source information while safely and effectively functioning as an aircrew member on a multi-position aircraft. Selected candidate may work with ELINT, E/O IR, and/or hyperspectral imagers.
The ASO will be required to execute all assigned preflight, flight, and post flight duties as required to safely and effectively operate the assigned sensors and mission set. This includes, mission planning, pre-briefings, mission system inspection, operation, troubleshooting, post-flight inspections, debriefings, and mission documentation. The ASO may also assist with mission equipment payload preventive maintenance, sensor and line-replaceable unit and sensor swaps.
Minimum requirements include:
- Must have bachelor's degree or 500 flight hours as an aircrew member on a multi-place military or contractor operated aircraft, possess excellent CRM skills, and be able to apply ORM principles
- Previous intelligence or operations experience providing analysis of multi-source information is required
- Must show demonstrable interpretation and analysis with one or more of the following sensor systems: SAR, ELINT, E/O IR and/or Multi/hyper-spectral imagers.
- Must be able to successfully accomplish airborne mission / flight operations training
- Be willing to deploy for rotations of at least 90 days to various OCONUS operating locations as directed by the Government customer
- Be willing to work in Hardship and Hazardous locations
- Be able to obtain a passport and or visa to travel internationally
- Be willing to travel for long periods of time, work long hours and / or non-regular hours with minimal notice
- Have an active Secret clearance
- Be willing to fly in the airborne system for extended times
- Have or be able to obtain a FAA Class II medical certificate
- Have or be able to successfully complete altitude chamber / physiological training
- Must successfully complete a deployment physical examination including immunizations and dental examination
- This employment opportunity and OCONUS deployment is contingent upon successfully completing the CONUS Replacement Center course, which requires compliance with certain medical and fitness standards
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI
Travel:Yes, 100% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.