Job Requisition:Systems Engineer
Job Description:Job Description
The Leidos Defense group develops and deploys advanced technology solutions that address existing and emerging maritime missions of national importance for a broad range of customers across the Department of Defense, Intelligence Community, other governmental agencies and commercial clients. Leidos is currently seeking a qualified, experienced Systems Engineer (SE) to support various US Navy and US Air Force programs in Long Beach, MS.
The Systems Engineer will provide support to the Lead SE to achieve objectives in accordance with system life cycle activities to include the following:
- CONOPS/Use Case Development
- Requirements derivation, allocation, and traceability
- Engineering design and development support, data collection and processing tasks
- Test planning
- Risk assessment
- System Verification and Validation
- Generation of program documentation
- Bachelor of Science degree in a relevant engineering field
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office tools, to include: Project, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Visio
- Familiarity with production programs
- Experience with requirements development, traceability, and verification
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Secret Security Clearance
- Active Secret Security Clearance is highly preferred
- 1-2 years of work experience in industry or as an engineering co-op student
- Prior DoD experience (US Navy and USAF)
- Industrial engineering / manufacturing experience
- At Sea Deployment experience
- Modeling Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) familiarity
- Quality Assurance / Quality Control familiarity
- Configuration Management familiarity
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Engineering1000Defense
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.