Leidos has a current opening in Austin Information Technology Center (AITC) for a System Administrator, Senior supporting Citrix XenDesktop and Infrastructural Components in Citrix within the Veteran's Administration (VA) Office of Information Technology (OIT). This is an advanced opportunity to use your Citrix knowledge and skills to support the VA Infrastructure Operations (IO) and IOSS initiatives.
We do not provide any type of relocation- this role may not be worked remotely
List daily duties and/or specific job responsibilities.
Prospective candidates must have experience supporting a Citrix XenDesktop 7.14 or Citrix XenDesktop 7.6 LTSR or above and other Infrastructural Components in Citrix (Database (HA Mode), StoreFront, Provisioning Server and Studio) in a medium or large company, multiple domain environment.
• Create and maintain scripts (PowerShell (required; examples of work should be able to be provided), vbscript, SQL), will analyze data and troubleshoot applications effectively and present solutions to issues.
• Design and deploy disaster recovery solutions to satisfy availability on a minimum version Citrix XenDesktop 7.15 LTSR on VMware 6.5 or above including Active/Active Scenarios including post disaster recovery.
• Design, configure, implement, maintain, and administer Citrix XenDesktop 7.15 LTSR.
• Analyze all aspects of the existing infrastructure and recommend modifications that will optimize system reliability, availability, serviceability, scalability and performance.
• Advise Application developers on methodologies to identify compatibility and security complexities and troubleshooting the deployment of presented applications to be compatible on Citrix XenDesktop 7.15 LTSR and higher.
• Administer complex Cisco FlexPod configurations including Cisco UCS B Series Blades and NetApp Storage including replication and recovery across geo located FlexPods
• Assist in defining standards, guidelines, best practices and metrics.
• Implement datacenter strategies and technologies for disaster recovery strategies, and data replication.
• Develop and report metrics relative to operational performance.
• Bachelor’s in computer science, electronics engineering or other engineering or technical discipline is required with five (5) years CITRIX experience with strong CITRIX provisioning of servers in large data center environment. Eight (8) years of additional relevant experience may be substituted for education.
• At least one (1) current CITRIX certification in current technologies (Certification in CITRIX XenDesktop 7.6 or higher is accepted.
The following technologies should be at a high level of understanding and the ability to configure, maintain, troubleshoot and resolve issues are key elements:
• Citrix AppLayering (aka UniDesk)
• Citrix User Profile Manager 7.15 LTSR or higher
• Citrix Director 7.15 LTSR or higher with multiple site/domain experience
• Microsoft SCCM 2012 Packaging and Deployment
• Citrix Scout
• Citrix Receiver 4.9 or higher
Tools Knowledge: Citrix Director, Citrix Studio, Microsoft SCOM, Microsoft SCCM, Microsoft Active Directory Users and Computers, Microsoft Active Directory Group Policy Objects (GPOS), BigFix Remote Control, CA Service Desk Manager ticketing system, ServiceNOW ticketing system, Microsoft Office 365 Suite (including Office 2016 ProPlus), Skype for Business
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world’s toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company’s 31,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.17 billion for the fiscal year ended
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Administration
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.