Job Requisition:Systems Engineer
No two career paths will ever look the same. At Leidos, we know the most talented and diverse IT and engineering professionals will always have a multitude of career choices; your time at Leidos will be a wise investment in your career and in yourself. We welcome your perspective and ideas, in order to foster collaboration and deliver world-class solutions.
We look for solutions that not only transform businesses, but change the world.
Our Civil business is helping to modernize and manage infrastructure, systems and controls, and cybersecurity for civilian agencies and commercial clients around the globe. With core competencies in information technology, energy and environment, complex logistics, and specialized engineering, we solve technical challenges and implement newfound efficiencies on a number of programs including those that:
- Power homes and businesses
- Guide air traffic
- Streamline tax returns
- Protect digital footprints
- Contain environmental incidents
- Heighten port security
- Enable scientific discovery
Protect yourself and your family, with the benefits of working for a world-class employer.
When you join Leidos, you join a Fortune 500 company and one of Ethisphere Institute’s “World's Most Ethical Companies”
Leidos is looking for a Systems Engineer to support the TSA DCSS program!
This position is responsible for technical planning, development and integration documentation, verification and validation. The Systems engineer will research alternatives including cost and risk, supportability and analyses for total systems.
- Performing systems requirements analysis for projects
- Functional analysis of test plans
- Timeline analysis for projects
- Requirements allocation for project deliverables
- System testing and training or replacement testing resource
- Responsible for entire projects or processes spanning multiple technical areas (Software, Infrastructure, Desktop)
- Manages large projects or processes with direct impact on the achievement of program results.
- Develops solutions to complex technical issues and problems that impact multiple area or disciplines.
- Communicates with internal team members across multiple areas of the program
- Provide system engineering support for development, test, and leadership teams throughout the lifecycle of assigned projects
- Develops and Communicates requirements and task status via Requirements Verification Traceability Matrix (RVTM), Release Test Readiness Review (RTRR), Release Deployment Readiness Review (RDRR)
- Coordinate resources across Program Engineering and Customer Relations teams to develop Requirements
- Weekly status reporting of current tasks and percentage complete
- Provide assistance to team members to overcome roadblocks in order to meet project schedules
- Review SE processes and provide updates, corrections or additions to support continuous process improvement
Typically requires BS and 4-8 years of prior relevant experience OR Masters with 2-6 years of prior relevant experience ; additional years of experience in lieu of degree will be considered.
Position has ability/potential to telecommute.
- Demonstrated experience in system engineering and test and with Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) processes.
- Detail oriented and must be able to think independently.
- Skill in managing one's own time and the time of others based on an established project plan.
- Skill in using analysis, logic and reasoning to troubleshoot issues and find the best solutions to challenges.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Must be able to manage multiple tasks with conflicting priorities.
- Current DHS TSA Public Trust security clearance OR ability to obtain Public Trust.
- Knowledge of, or experience with, Human Capital operational processes.
- Experience using the Dynamic Object Oriented Requirements System (DOORS).
- Experience using IBM Rational ClearQuest.
- Experience writing SQL scripts.
- Demonstrated experience writing and facilitating test plans and project requirements.
- Ability to manage high priority projects.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:Yes
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Engineering2000Civil
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.