The National Solutions Group at Leidos is seeking an experienced IT professional to serve as a Tier 2 System Maintainer. The successful candidate will be required to function as an integral member of a highly proficient and technically competent team of System Maintainers and will be responsible for ensuring the continuous operation of complex mission applications in a purpose-built enterprise environment. Qualified applicants must be able to work collaboratively to reliably resolve system anomalies, while utilizing expert technical assessment and incident escalation procedures, as a means of meeting or exceeding prescribed Recovery Time/Point Objectives (RTO/RPO). This position is not for a help desk. The qualified candidate will be a Tier 2 maintainer in all respects and will work closely with the 24x7 personnel to enhance broad system knowledge. Occasional out-of-band call-in support may be required.
- Maintain consistent mission processor availability and reliability through the implementation of proactive Systems Maintenance methodologies and request fulfillment activities
- Demonstrate comprehensive technical competence in the expedient restoration of mission applications and associated functions to a fully operative state
- Adhere to prescribed incident and problem management or ticket escalation processes to quickly and proactively resolve system anomalies as appropriate
- Create, enhance, update or otherwise maintain concise, accurate, and complete Tier 2 maintenance and operations documentation
- Provide relevant input to the shift lead and other teammates regarding activities and incidents that negatively impact Tier 2 mission operations
- Provide training to team mates, Tier 1 and customers as required
- Other related supporting duties as required
- U.S. citizen with an active TS/SCI with a polygraph
- Bachelor’s Degree AND 4 years of applicable experience OR 8 years of applicable experience in lieu of degree
- Current DoD 8570.01m IAT-II or higher certification (e.g. Security+ CE)
- 3 or more years’ experience executing Tier 2 support operations and/or software maintenance activities for Mission Critical Systems
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Mission-specific technical knowledge and operations experience (incl. DEC VMS and/or Alpha)
- Proven experience and proficiency with one or more of the following disciplines in an enterprise environment:Unix, Linux, and/or Windows based OS and application management
- Script development and implementation (e.g. PyThon, BaSH, XML)
- Troubleshooting of complex and interconnected systems
- Usage and support of Enterprise Maintenance Management tool(s)
- Ability to develop technical solutions through deep analysis and understanding of impact to the end-product/solution
- Ability to work independently and in a collaborative environment to achieve day-to-day objectives that significantly impact operational results and deliverables
- Deep understanding and ability to apply principles, theories, and concepts of domain related mission operations and a broad understanding of dependent domains
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.