Job Requisition:IT Systems Engineer
Leidos currently has an opening for a Systems Engineer to support various monitoring and software tools deployed at multiple VA sites. This position is located at the V-AITC facility. This is an exciting opportunity to use your experience helping the IOSS mission in supporting the mission of the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA), Office of Information & Technology (OI&T), Information Technology (IT) Operations and Services (ITOPS), Infrastructure Operations (IO). This position will support the interface to various facilities equipment and primarily the Nlyte Energy Optimizer (NEO) system; this includes supporting current implementation and future VA sites.
Must have prior experience in installing, operating, and maintaining software systems and networks, as well as other tools.
- . Current systems to support:
a. Nlyte Energy Optimizer (NEO)
b. Eaton UPS, PDU and RPP equipment
c. Cyberex PDU equipment
d. Liebert and Stoltz CRAC units
e. IT infrastructure (networks, Windows server, SQL database)
- . Works under the direction of the VA to achieve day-to-day objectives with significant impact on operational results and/or project objectives.
- . Maintain system readiness and ensure fully operational.
- Maintain utilization reports, tracking scheduled and unscheduled events, record issues and identify potential risks to operations for future engineering review and trend analysis.
- Review/baseline the current environment and configuration.
- . Prepare correspondence, memoranda, reports and related documents as required by ITOPS IO standards or other directives provided by the Government COR/VA PM.
- Prepare reports required for tracking progress as required.
- Perform analysis on immerging technologies and software. Research solutions online or via other sources for market research information and prepare results for COR Per COR Instructions.
- Develop technical solutions, working with internal experts and vendors, to understand impact of end-product.
- Review, analyze, and provide recommended updates to all operational and maintenance procedures.
- Adhere to task order specifications and established policies and procedures by reporting any noted discrepancies to the COR, Government VA PM, or management.
- Produce high quality technical documents (technical writing skills).
- Work with various groups – monitoring team, facility groups, IT professionals and the VA client
- Master’s degree in Computer Science, electronics engineering or other engineering or technical discipline.
- 10 years of experience.
- 10 years of additional relevant experience may be substituted for education.
- Ability to obtain Public Trust clearance.
Experience using Microsoft Office products (Outlook, Word, Excel, etc.)
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Engineering2000Health
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.