Job Requisition:Electrical Designer, Electric Utility (Distribution), Honolulu
Electrical Designer, Electric Utility (Distribution) Honolulu
Leidos Engineering is seeking a Distribution Designer with previous distribution utility design engineering experience.
• Design and construction work package development of electrical overhead and underground transmission and distribution systems (operating from 4kV through 138kV), voltage conversion projects, underground conversion projects, new capacity projects and infrastructure replacement projects.
• Conduct field engineering of project requirements, identify conflicting utilities and other constructability issues, perform engineering and design calculations, develop work permit applications, and support land acquisition.
• Plan and design complex projects in urban and rural environments in compliance with client's engineering and construction specifications, and apply NESC, NEC, ASCE and other applicable industry standards.
• Coordinate with other engineering disciplines and client construction and operation crews to define project scope, obtain input to project designs, and support construction.
• Identify project materials, prepare material specifications, obtain and evaluate quotes from vendors, and initiate purchase requisitions.
• Comply with quality control and safe work practices and maintain compliance with project scope, schedule and budget. This position will be a leader of design team members offering design assistance, guidance, training and quality control.
• Typically requires high school diploma and 5+ years of prior relevant experience. A Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or an Associate degree in engineering technology is preferred or the equivalent years of experience with electric utility distribution design and/or construction projects
• For Engineers, registration as a Professional Engineer is preferred
• Expertise with PLS-CADD, MicroStation, and Geographic Information Systems (GIS) is a plus
• Physical Requirements:
• Ability to walk two miles, sometimes in uneven mountainous terrain
• Ability to swing a 5 lb. hammer and stake poles
• Open to overnight and local travel
• Proven ability to communicate with clients and project teams
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Engineering Technologist2000Civil
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.