Job Requisition:Senior Systems Engineer
Be our next Senior Systems Engineer (Senior SE) here at Leidos providing technical systems engineering management in our Reston, VA office. As our Senior SE, you will work closely with the Chief Architect, Systems Engineers, Software Engineers, and Operations Engineering/Manager as well as Government counterparts to perform and manage the full spectrum of systems engineering tasks to include employing Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE), requirements analysis, system and interface design, system integration, system testing, and all associated documentation.
Fun stuff on the job you will do:
- Responsible for managing and employing SE standard methods, MBSE models and artifacts, SE processes and tools to accomplish analysis, problem diagnosis and solution design, integration and test preparation, risk assessment and mitigation planning, and related activities
- Interface with government personnel to identify required activities, perform collaborative planning, review deliverables, and resolve SE issues
- Work closely with the D3P chief architect, software, data, and devops engineers, and data scientists on the following key tasks:
• Technical management and execution of engineering activities requirements analysis, implementation planning, third party coordination, integration and test, sustainment, documentation, deployment, and system assessment
• Employ MBSE approach for systems planning, design, execution, and sustainment
• Define processes for technical platforms, system specifications, input/output and working parameters for hardware and/or software compatibility
• Develop and maintain systems engineering documentation and diagrams/models through use of MBSE tool
• Understand and leverage an “Enterprise Product” approach to identify 1) requirements that represent a gap in capabilities, and 2) opportunities for reuse
• Serve as an agile product owner within a System of products (creation of the product vision, to design and development, through testing and into ongoing support).
• Coordinate with enterprise stakeholders to prioritize product backlogs for sprints and releases
• Evaluate early designs compared to requirements and oversee systems engineering efforts
• Create meaningful entry/exit criteria for all technical reviews, and advocate for appropriate review artifacts, activities, documentation and stakeholder participation
• Monitor & report technical variances; facilitate resolution of technical issues that adversely impact successful product delivery
• Report the technical status of product development to the customer on a consistent basis
• Identify and manage external dependencies
Skills you will need for this position to be successful:
- BS in Computer Science, Systems Engineering, or related technical field or equivalent experience with 12+ years in systems engineering or 4 additional years in lieu of degree
- Must have an active Top Secret security clearance with the ability to obtain and maintain a TS/SCI with Poly security clearance
- Experience with employing MBSE approach and tools or experience with framework/approach similar to MBSE
- Demonstrable knowledge of systems engineering concepts and applying these concepts to software-intensive systems
- Strong written and verbal communication skills are required to collaborate with customer representatives, domain experts, and other systems engineers in the development of complex software systems
- Agile software development knowledge and experience (release and sprint planning, product backlog management/refinement)
- Experience designing, integrating, configuring, and testing systems
- Demonstrated ability to diagnose complex system problems and develop innovative solutions.
- Demonstrated ability to participate in cross-functional planning, coordination, and task execution situations involving the full spectrum of system integration activities
- Ability to work well with people from many different disciplines with varying degrees of technical experience
- Ability to express complex technical concepts effectively, both verbally and in writing
You will wow us even more if you have these skills:
- Experience and domain knowledge related to Big Data technologies (e.g. CDH, ELK)
- Experience with big data applications (e.g. Hadoop and Elastic Search)
- Advanced technical degree or software development/process certifications
- Experience with software systems integration, incremental software development and EVMS (Earned Value Management System)
More about the program: The DOMEX Data Discovery Platform (D3P) program is a next generation machine learning pipeline platform that will provide cutting edge data enrichment, triage, and analytics capabilities to Defense and Intelligence Community members. D3P will advance the state of the art in mission-focused big data analytics tools and micro-service development spanning the breadth of Agile sprints to multiyear research and development cycles.
External Referral Eligible
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Engineering1000Leidos Innovations Center (LInC)
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.