Job Requisition:Scrum Master/Requirements Manager
At Leidos, everything we do is built on our commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our employees, and our communities. Learn more about the values and culture that are the foundations of our business. Our mission is to make the world safer, healthier, and more efficient through information technology, engineering, and science. We offer a robust benefits package including competitive salaries; company matching 401K Retirement Plan; comprehensive medical, dental and vision coverage; flexible work schedule to allow for life/work balance; tuition reimbursement and more.
We are looking for talented individuals to fill a role of a combination Scrum Master/Requirements Manager in our Newport News, VA office.
The Scrum Master’s primary objective is to be a servant leader who assists and supports the team with self-organizing, self-managing, and goal achievement. To meet this primary objective the Scrum Master will support the established processes, procedures and/or rules established by the team. This role’s focus is on ensuring that communication is occurring within the team and with outside entities, which enables the appropriate level of coordination and cooperation to meet the team’s delivery goals. Along with supporting the team’s implementation of Agile practices, the Scrum Master should identify and eliminate impediments affecting the flow of delivery.
The Requirements Manager’s primary objective is ensuring that all development, documentation, non-functional, acceptance testing, and other fielding support requirements are captured and accounted for on the development team’s backlog. Additionally, the Requirement’s Manager will maintain a matrix of the requirements for all applicable stakeholders.
- Facilitate and leads iteration planning meetings and other team meetings as required
- Ensure user stories, tasks, and non-functional requirements are accounted for on the sprint backlog
- Attend Program Increment (PI ) planning meetings and other events as required
- Attend Scrum of Scrums and other meetings for assigned projects
- Work with stakeholders to manage impediments, dependencies, and risks
- Provide scrum coaching to the scrum team
- Coordinate with stakeholders to perform continuous business, technical and mission requirements identification and just-in-time definition of requirements
- Provide monthly project statuses, weekly updates, and data calls as requested to management and internal/external stakeholders
- Analyze training documents and provide input into needed updates
- Track project schedules, project deliverables and other activities as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree and 4-8 years of experience as a Scrum Master in Agile software development
- Strong organizational, communication, conflict management, and leadership skills
- Ability to compile and analyze data and write reports
- 2+ years in building and maintaining schedules
- Ability to work well on a team and be willing to adjust to changing schedules driven by operational requirements
- Experience with SAFe or Agile certification
- Experience with Atlassian suite, specifically Jira and Confluence
- Active TS/SCI security clearance.
- PMP Certification
- Working knowledge of the UNICORN application in AF DCGS operations
- Previous AF DCGS imagery analyst experience or equivalent
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Development1000Defense
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.