Job Requisition:Sr. System Engineer
Leidos's Military & Veterans Health Solutions Operations has an opening for a System Engineer Senior role located in Austin, TX.
A Senior Systems Engineer provides technical support in system architecture, system design, system integration and technical management. Assists in providing technical input to the systems engineering process. Leads teams in developing application and technical plans. Guide customers in the installation and use of strategic products through education and guidance, first-use and tuning assistance problem solving and critical situation resolution.
The System Engineer Senior shall provide Systems analysis/mainframe development services for the mainframe environment involving coding and testing in support of service requests and problems received from customers. The systems in this environment are typically written in COBOL II and use z/OS Compiler; with supporting utilities such as Job Control Language (JCL), SAS (formerly known as Statistical Analysis Systems), Customer Information Control System (CICS), Virtual Storage Access Method (VSAM), IBM DB2 Enterprise Server Edition (DB2), Integrated Database Management System (IDMS), ORACLE, and Model 204. Typical tools used are CA7, TSO ISPF, SyncSort, and ENDEVOR. The Contractor shall use these various tools and programming languages to develop, update and maintain Medical, Financial and other mainframe based IT systems.
- Master’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Systems, Business or related scientific /technical discipline, plus 10 years of experience. 10 additional years of relevant experience may be substituted for degree.
- Ability to work in a matrix team environment, actively and effectively managing relationships with customers, build and release managers, technical teams, product development, project managers, and other application managers.
- Experience leading information technology projects involving innovation and/or modernization.
- Experience developing and reporting upon metrics relative to operational and financial performance.
- Excellent organization and analytical skills.
- Exceptional ability to communicate with leadership, staff and customers
- Skillset in order of priority: Cobol; SAS; CICS; IDMS; TCP/IP a plus; Z/OS utilities (CA or other); Assumption is they know TSO/ISPF, JCL, etc.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Engineering1000Health
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.