Job Requisition:Field Engineer
The Defense group within Leidos is looking to hire a Field Engineer to work as part the AEGIS Test Team in Bath, ME overseeing the installation and conducting testing of the AN/SQQ-89A(V) Sonar Suite. This is working with dynamic schedules and coordinating with other members of the test team and ship’s force. This position will encompass all stages of production and post sail away support.
• Review of drawings and procedures designed for AN/SQQ-89A(V)15 installations and upgrades.
• Act as liaison during industrial installation.
• Coordinate testing of newly upgrades systems.
• Witness shipyard conducted tests as per direction of ATT Management.
• Perform fault isolation and conduct corrective actions.
• Resolution of any issues associated with installation and testing of sonar systems.
• Support assessments and at-sea test events as required.
• Fulfill duties as an on-site representative for the AN/SQQ-89A(V)15 system. These
responsibilities will include:
- Perform direct support to expedite problem resolution and to minimize any schedule impact
caused by USW system equipment problems.
- Provide installation and testing inputs to daily and weekly reports.
- Investigate outstanding assessment discrepancies.
- Provide updates to the on-line database via ALICE.
- Deliver a CD of the electronic database as requested.
- Document visual/mechanical and electrical discrepancies discovered during Assessment
- Perform configuration audits to verify installed USW system baselines on specified hulls per
schedule and instructions provided.
- Perform System Interoperability Validation (SIV)/equipment grooms using Government
Basic Qualifications (required):
• Must be able to lift forty (40) pounds, climb ladders, and perform other shipboard activities
• Position requires a valid passport.
• Candidate must be able to obtain and maintain a Secret security clearance.
• Understanding of Basic Sonar Principles, equipment, and interfaces.
• Operate standard electronic test equipment i.e. Multi-meters, O-scopes, etc.
• Ability to troubleshoot and test connectors, cable, power.
• Ability to load AN/SQQ-89A(V)15 software as per government provided documentation.
• Prior technical and logistics experience providing US Navy program support, with a proven record of excellent customer interface.
• Background in U.S. Navy combat systems.
• Self-starter; able to work both independently and on team assignments.
• Must have outstanding oral and written communication skills.
• Proficiency in MS Office products including Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint.
• Proven experience effectively communicating with senior US government representatives.
• BS degree and 2 – 4 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with less than 2 years of prior relevant experience. Equivalent experience/combined education also considered.
Preferred Qualifications (not required):
• Technical Documentation Experience, including Engineering Change Proposal/Order (ECP / ECO) Experience
• Direct customer support/interface experience
• Strategic mindset
• Ability to independently research, assess and present analyses of technical/logistics data and recommended options for government decision.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Shift:Standard Plus On Call
Job Family:Field Operations1000Defense
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.