Job Requisition:Software Architect
At Leidos, everything we do is built on our commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our employees, and our communities. Learn more about the values and culture that are the foundations of our business. Our mission is to make the world safer, healthier, and more efficient through information technology, engineering, and science. We offer a robust benefits package including competitive salaries; company matching 401-K Retirement Plan; comprehensive medical, dental and vision coverage; flexible work schedule to allow for life/work balance; tuition reimbursement and more.
We are looking for a talented Software Architect to join our Full Motion Video team. This position will support our ongoing maintenance and revitalization of the AIMES Full Motion Video system for customers in the Intelligence Surveillance and Reconnaissance (ISR) domain for the Army and Air Force customer.
The position is located in the Leidos Charlottesville, VA office. A relocation assistance may be offered and telework is an option.
Periodic travel to customer sites is required.
In this role, the Software Architect will:
- Support Agile software architecture across the teams to anticipate and ward off internal and external design conflicts.
- Work closely with the Architecture Team Lead, fellow Architecture team members and the Product Manager and Product Owner to achieve program objectives
- Create artifacts and documentation
- Attend planning meetings at customer sites
- BS degree and 8-12 years of experience; additional years of experience may be considered in lieu of a degree
- Delivering services at scale and experience with distributed systems
- Ability to independently network and influence client and server teams
- Be able to obtain a TS SCI clearance upon hire (US citizenship required)
Experience working with a geographically distributed team; telework is an option
- Experience with Full-Motion Video (FMV) streaming standards and technology
- Experience building software for DoD
- Experience with testing near real-time systems
- Familiarity with Amazon Web Services
- Experience with NoSQL and Relational databases
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Engineering1000Defense
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.