Job Requisition:Lead Software Engineer
We are seeking an experienced Software Engineer to join our team in developing unmanned and autonomous ships for the US Government. They will be responsible for managing other resources on the team, performing reviews, coaching, and providing guidance. The candidate will help design, code, and test software as part of a team in Arlington, VA.
Our team supports a variety of projects, making existing ships operate autonomously as well as designing and building new ships. Our software handles ship automation, autonomous navigation, sensor processing, and communications. The team also develops simulations to be used for verification and software testing.
- Serve as a lead and manage other engineers
- Design, develop, and debug mission critical software source code.
- Participate in the full software development lifecycle.
- Perform peer reviews of software
- Collaborate with the continuous process improvement to help the team improve
- Assist with evaluating field tests
- Review timesheets and tasking for team members
- A Bachelor’s degree in a computer related field plus 4+ years of software development using Linux and C++
- Significant experience working in a team environment, including experience providing guidance and coaching to other team members
- Active Secret Clearance
- Familiarity with the Atlassian tool suite
- Familiarity with Agile processes
- Familiarity with developing and testing for unmanned systems, cyber-security, or task planning
- Demonstrable problem solving skills
- Experience conducting job interviews
- Active Top Secret Clearance preferred
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Development1000Defense
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.