Job Requisition:Associate Desktop Engineer
This position is for an Associate Desktop Engineer on the ESA IV program. ESA IV is an IT Services program supporting several customers within the Department of Justice. The program provides a range of IT services, including help desk, deskside support, Windows workstation engineering and maintenance, managed print services, ITSM, Active Directory services, and video conferencing, among others.
One customer of the ESA IV program is the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives (ATF). ATF’s Digital Forensics Branch (DFB) provides investigative support to the ATF Field Divisions through the acquisition and analysis of digital devices to include computers, mobile devices, external storage, some network devices and Audio Visual recording devices.
Primary Responsibilities of the Associate Desktop Engineer Include:
- Provide end user support to special agents and ATF personnel in the field to include shipping of equipment, digital media and supplies, and will provides IT support to the Branch such as imaging laptops, sterilizing media, configuring and installing operating systems.
- Perform the assembly, disassembly and component upgrades of computer hardware and software, rebuilding servers, updating operating systems and software, and performs varied computer maintenance as needed.
- The individual selected for this position will support the logistics of equipment and supplies for any Digital Evidence Recovery Team call-outs, and will fill forensic equipment requests from the Field, and will ensure equipment is updated and in working order.
- Assist the Forensic Audio Visual Unit by documenting incoming cases, media and evidence; scanning case documents; removing internal HDD’s from evidence DVR’s; creating images/clones of evidence media received, hashing and verifying images/clones; exporting video from DVRs into forensic programs and shipping evidence, and will work directly under the oversight and guidance of DFB personnel and other senior contractor(s) to perform DFB support services, determine customer service needs, prioritize daily service and support efforts, and maintain a strong customer service work ethic.
- Other duties as assigned related to the scope of DFB operations may also be tasked to this individual.
The individual selected to this position must successful complete a security investigation by the government.
This work will be performed at a government location in Sterling, Virginia.
- Bachelor’s Degree plus one years of experience
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Ability to multitask and function in a quick-paced environment.
- IT Skills
- Past experience with ATF
- CompTIA A+ Certification preferred
- Experience providing IT support for law enforcement operations.
- Previous work with sensitive digital media, DVRs, computers, computer systems and mobile devices is preferred.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Administration2000Civil
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.