Job Requisition:Utility Civil Engineer – Honolulu, HI
Utility Civil Engineer – Honolulu, HI
Leidos Energy & Systems Solutions is a trusted and future-focused solutions provider. Utilities consistently come to Leidos for reliable power expertise, as reflected through our work with more than 50 investor-owned utilities and more than 160 municipals/cooperatives across the country as well as a growing number of local utility providers and private developers. Our project portfolio includes large energy projects for electric utilities, power generation owners, and industrial clients. In addition, Leidos works with an established group of industry-leading construction partners delivering meaningful energy delivery solutions.
Leidos is seeking a highly-motivated, customer-oriented Civil Engineer, preferably with experience working for an electrical utility and/or utility consulting company doing design engineering. The successful candidate will provide engineering in support of electrical substation and switchyard, powerline, telecommunications, and power generating facility projects, including a strong technical background applying civil and structural engineering principals over a broad range of challenges.
The primary focus of the job will be Civil engineering. Assignments may include site grading and drainage design, preparation of spill prevention control and countermeasures plans, access road design, and development of conduit plans for underground power and control/communication cables.
Depending on experience and capability, the job may include Structural engineering. Assignments may include the design of equipment support steel structures and cast-in-place concrete foundations, rigid bus design, underground vaults and manholes, foundations for self-supporting utility poles, retaining, sound and fire walls, and concrete or masonry control buildings.
The candidate will work in a staff augmentation capacity as a member of the client’s engineering department and serve as a member of design teams comprised of engineers, designers, and drafting technicians. The candidate will be responsible for interfacing directly with client’s management, engineering, surveying, environmental, land/right-of-way, permitting, construction, maintenance and operations staff to successfully implement projects. Collaboration with vendors, permit agencies, and other Leidos staff in the local and/or remote offices may be required.
Site-visits to client facilities are expected as part of the work. Candidate must comply with quality control and safe work practices, and maintain compliance with project scope, schedule and budget expectations. **Past work experience that required coordination with the City and County of Honolulu for permitting and project approvals is preferred.
In addition, the candidate will be responsible for:
• Preparing permit, bid and construction drawings, design calculations, studies and reports, material and construction specifications and procurement documents
• Preparing project specifications for material and equipment purchase and installation
• Independently managing performance of work, and monitoring effort in accordance with project budgets and deadlines
• Ensuring compliance with Leidos’ quality management program
• Applying company and client standards and applicable industry codes and regulations
• Reviewing designs for code compliance, industry accepted practice and construct-ability
• Field engineering as needed to obtain existing site information and coordination with construction crews
• Maintaining complete project documentation with respect to civil and structural design and construction, including all completion packages and as-built records
• Requires Bachelors of Science degree in Civil Engineering and 2-4 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with less than 2 years of prior relevant experience.
** Past work experience that required coordination with the City and County of Honolulu for permitting and project approvals is preferred.
• EIT/FE certification is preferred
• Proficiency with industry-related engineering analysis software, such as RISA and LPile
• substantial experience with Microsoft Office software, including Word, Excel, Project, Visio and PowerPoint
• Experience using Bentley ProjectWise document management software or similar
• Experience with MicroStation or similar be competent in all conventional aspects of civil and structural engineering with ability to develop practical, cost-effective solutions
• Familiar with geotechnical engineering principals
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills
• Excellent verbal and written communication, and interpersonal skills
• Proven ability to communicate with clients and project teams
• Work effectively in a team environment or independently
• Thrive in an unstructured, varied and client-driven work environment
• Results-driven with attention to detail
• Ability to walk on uneven ground to various facilities and right-of-way locations for field investigations as required
• Possess a valid driver’s license and be able to drive to various locations
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Civil Engineering1000Civil
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.