Job Requisition:Logistics Intern
The QRC Airborne ISR Systems Division of the Airborne Solutions Group of Leidos currently has an opening for a Logistics Intern.
Leidos is the primary stakeholder of logistics functions on several Aerial Intelligence platforms located in various CONUS and OCONUS operational areas. This is an exciting opportunity to use your experience helping the U.S. Armed forces and Special Operations Command supported by Leidos.
The Logistics Intern will support the local logistics team, property team, procurement team, and logistics liaison officers with a variety of logistics tasks while learning about the various contractual requirements and associated tasks of government contractors responsible for product life cycle management.
Support Tasks may include but are not limited to:
- Support property team in disseminating and reconciling inventories for all Government Furnished Property (GFP) at Bridgewater Air Park (VBW) and customer sites.
- Support procurement team in allocating expenses, organizing purchasing records, and reconciling shipping invoices.
- Support liaison officers with organizing Bill of Material and tracking purchases.
- Support marking requirements, labeling, tagging, placarding, and signage.
- Support equipment movement around VBW to include oversized and specially handled equipment requiring coordination with outside vendors.
- Deliver equipment/materials to locations around VBW or in close proximity as required in response to equipment requests for build efforts, and customer requirements.
- Develop PCARSS disposition lists, coordinate scrap and asset turn in, complete turn in documentation, and update asset records for equipment.
- Support deployment preparation efforts packing out large-scale shipments for overseas transit and documenting all equipment being transported.
- Other logistics duties as assigned in response to contractual, mission, or manager requirements.
- Must be enrolled as an undergraduate student.
- Must be capable of lifting up to 30 lb regularly.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Applications such as Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be able to obtain secret clearance- US Citizenship required.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Intern Other1000Defense
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.