Job Requisition:Engineering Technician II
The successful candidate will be a Member of the Towed System Intermediate Maintenance Activity (TS IMA) team in Pearl Harbor, Hawaii. This site provides direct fleet support with towed acoustic systems installed on submarines and surface ships, including 24/7/365 worldwide casualty assistance (CASREP) support. Other responsibilities of the program include shipping/receiving/warehousing, government property administration, and asset tracking.
Candidate will be responsible for conducting towed array module physical inspection, electrical testing, troubleshooting, array assembly and ship board installation of towed bodies while working pier side, in all weather conditions and/or in a warehouse environment. Travel overseas and within CONUS on short notice may be required. This position has occasional requirements for overtime work in order to meet US Navy operational schedules, and may have occasional requirements for extended travel to support surge work at other Towed System IMAs in order to meet US Navy operational schedules. Selected applicant will receive on the job training and is expected to qualify as a Towed Systems IMA technician. Selected applicant must be able to interact with Navy, Government and civilian support contractors. For advancement consideration within the IMA program (when positions become available), the selected candidate must be a qualified Pier-Side Supervisor in accordance with Personnel Qualification Standard (PQS) requirements. Candidate must be capable of performing assigned work with minimum supervision. This position will require you to use your current interim secret/secret clearance or obtain and maintain a minimum of a DoD Secret clearance.
- High school/vocational school diploma or GED certificate and 1 year work related experience in electrical/electronic systems.
- Experience in the use of electronic test equipment and operation of various hand held power tools.
- Must be able to perform light mechanical maintenance actions and operate a forklift as part of assigned duties.
- Ability to obtain and retain a Department of Defense security clearance at the Secret level.
- Must obtain a minimum of an interim Secret or Green Clear Screen status prior to commencement of employment.
- Have and maintain a valid driver's license.
- Active DOD secret clearance.
- Experience in operating and troubleshooting any of the following equipment is desirable: AN/BQQ- 5, AN/BQQ-6, AN/BSY-1, AN/BSY-2, SQQ-89, AN/BQQ-10 (ARCI), OK-276, OA-9070/9070A/9070B/9070E, OK-410 or OK-542/A.
- Graduate of a Navy Instructor Training course is desirable.
- A working knowledge of Microsoft Windows 7 or later and Microsoft Office 2013 or later.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:SCA Engineering Tech1000Defense
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.