Job Requisition:Junior Laboratory Technologist
Leidos's Military & Veterans Health Solutions Group is sourcing for candidates for a possible opening as Laboratory Technologist in San Diego, CA to support research investigators for the Clinical Investigations Department (CID), Directorate for Professional Education (DPE) at Naval Medical Center San Diego (NMCSD).
- Perform experiments with using molecular techniques such as plasmid transfection and interfering ribonucleic acid (RNA) and creating reports for investigator files.
- Conduct laboratory assays using procedures that include but are not limited to the following laboratory equipment: Enzyme-linked immunoabsorbent assays (ELISA’s), gel based assays (Northern and western blots), PCR, Flow Cytometry, fluorescence and luminescence-based assays, dye-staining assays, and create reports for investigators files.
- Keep detail daily laboratory log, perform routine maintenance and quality control on lab equipment, follow protocols and safety precautions and have the ability to access up to a Biosafety Lab (BSL) II environment.
- Must possess a BS in biology, biochemistry, physiology or genetics and or equivalent experience and less than 2 years prior relevant experience.
- Knowledge of HIPAA and PHI data management, and Microsoft office suite (Word, Excel, Outlook), and have excellent communication skills.
- US Citizen with the ability to obtain a Secret Clearance.
- Candidate will possess a SECRET Clearance or will have already gone through a DoD background check with a “favorable” result
Compensation and Benefits
- The annual pay range for this position is $40,000-$45,000
- Leidos offers 401K with company matching contribition
- 15 Paid days off and 10 company holidays
- Medical, Dental and Vision coverage options
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Life Scientist2000Health
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.