Job Requisition:End User Training Specialist
No two career paths will ever look the same. At Leidos, we know the most talented and diverse IT and engineering professionals will always have a multitude of career choices; your time at Leidos will be a wise investment in your career and in yourself. We welcome your perspective and ideas, in order to foster collaboration and deliver world-class solutions.
We look for solutions that not only transform businesses, but change the world.
Our Civil business is helping to modernize and manage infrastructure, systems and controls, and cybersecurity for civilian agencies and commercial clients around the globe. With core competencies in information technology, energy and environment, complex logistics, and specialized engineering, we solve technical challenges and implement newfound efficiencies on a number of programs including those that:
- Power homes and businesses
- Guide air traffic
- Streamline tax returns
- Protect digital footprints
- Contain environmental incidents
- Heighten port security
- Enable scientific discovery
Protect yourself and your family, with the benefits of working for a world-class employer.
When you join Leidos, you join a Fortune 500 company and one of Ethisphere Institute’s “World's Most Ethical Companies”
We are seeking an End User Training Specialist.
The primary function of this position is to develop and deliver End User technical training for NEST employees and NASA end users. Responsibilities include identifying training needs, developing educational content and material, and increasing trainees’ engagement with learning sessions. With the roll out of each new device or service, the Training Specialist works with the Training Manager, customer, Leidos partners, and responsible Leidos Team service leads to develop user training for new or updated NEST hardware, software, and services. Depending on the subject matter, training materials may consist of training presentation packages for face-to-face or live group training, quick tip sheets, online tutorials, computer-based trainings, or scheduled storefront sessions where available. The Training Specialist and our specialized partners work together to fully plan and prepare a training agenda, media, and content depending on the complexity and scope of the information to be shared. We define clear training goals and prepare succinct and interesting training materials accordingly. In addition, we will:
• Provide system/application training to new users
• Conduct individual and team skills gap analyses
• Develop technical training courses for various levels (beginners, intermediate and advanced)
• Coordinate product-related trainings, including presenting new features and simulating activities in a demo environment
• Build collaborative relationships with internal functional departments
• Remain current on industry standards and software operating environment
• Perform multiple customer site visits and perform in a demanding environment with changing priorities
• Conduct full-scale onboarding to ensure a properly deployed and functioning environment
• Ensure all NEST employees and all NASA End Users develop their technical skills and knowledge and are able to perform their daily tasks and solve clients’ problems.
• Familiarity with web-based learning platforms and modern educational techniques
• Excellent communication skills with the ability to explain technical terms using simple language
• Familiarity with any training creation software like Captivate, Articulate, Camtasia, or equivalent.
• Be willing and able to provide training samples or develop a short training in-person.
Required education & Experience:
Requires a BA/BS or (or 4 years of experience in lieu of a degree).
• Experience with Agile Instructional Design is a plus
• Additional certification in training (e.g. Certified Technical Trainer) is a plus
• PMP certification is a plus.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Technical Trainer2000Civil
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.