Job Requisition:Senior Systems Programmer
Leidos has an opening for a Senior Systems Programmer with experience to support the ESA IV program. ESA IV is an IT Services program supporting several customers within the Department of Justice. The program provides a range of IT services, including help desk, deskside support, Windows workstation engineering and maintenance, Windows Server, managed print services, ITSM, Active Directory services, and video conferencing, among others.
The individual selected for this role will serve as a Systems Programmer in the mainframe environment, which provides mainframe systems support for DOJ-wide customers in an enterprise data center environment.
The Senior Systems Programmer will be responsible for the installation, configuration, monitoring, automation, integrity, technical support and maintenance of the Department’s IBM System Z mainframe environment. They will also serve as a systems programmer for z/Linux. Knowledge of z/VM and z/OS a plus. Handling day-to-day activities. This position requires a great deal of experience in Linux administration and hardening in a SUSE or Red Hat Linux environment.
- Bachelor’s degree and 12+ years of experience, additional years of experience will be considered in lieu of degree
- Thorough knowledge and proven ability to perform installation, maintenance, problem analysis and prevention, system tailoring, customization and administration, performance monitoring and tuning, and documentation of z/Linux guests. Experience with IBM z/VM in support of z/Linux guests a plus.
- Proven ability to determine, analyze and resolve software and related problems.
- Demonstrated high-level communication skills and ability to develop positive relationships with customers, team members, vendor service providers and stakeholders.
- Ability to work independently and as a team member.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Experience installing and migrating new software releases.
- Extensive experience installing, hardening and maintaining LINUX and scripting.
- Operating Systems: using z/OS and/or z/VM, CMS
- Using IBM SW: TSO, ISPF, SDSF, JCL; CMS, Xedit
- SW: Websphere, Connect:Direct, VM:Operator, CA Hidro, CA-Top Secret (or other z/VM ESM such as RACF, ACF2, VM:Secure), CA-Scheduler, CA-1, Assembler
- HW: Hitachi VSP, IBM TS7720/7740/7760 Virtual Tape
- General knowledge of mainframe hardware including z series HW, Virtual tape and enterprise storage a plus.
- Basic z System Support Knowledge including REXX
- Experience maintaining mainframe IODF a plus.
- Ability to apply user requirements to the analysis, planning, and design of technology systems.
- Ability to communicate problems and solutions both verbally and in writing to the Government Lead.
- Ability to work independently and troubleshoot problems with speed and efficiency.
- Ability to work closely with others in a team environment
- Ability to interface with all customer levels.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Administration2000Civil
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.