Job Requisition:Sr. Workplace Relations Manager
We are seeking a customer-focused, highly motivated Sr. Workplace Relations Manager to join our Corporate Human Resources team. The position reports to the Director of Workforce Solutions and will be responsible for conducting internal HR related investigations and providing consulting support to HR teams for escalated and complex employee relations issues. Primary areas of responsibility include conducting investigations related to workplace relations and ethics concerns and provide consulting support to line HR teams on difficult and complex risk related employment issues. Additionally, the WR Manager will provide support, guidance, resources and tools to enable line management to more independently address basic employee relations and performance management matters.
List daily duties and/or specific job responsibilities.
• Lead/conduct investigations and/or organizational assessments related to WR and ethics concerns. Document investigations and investigative results and recommendations.
• Provide guidance to line HR on complex performance management concerns, involuntary terminations, ADA requests, compliance and risk concerns, etc.
• Identify, assess and address risk related employment issues including ADA, FMLA, USERRA, fitness for duty assessments, etc.
• Analyze WR trends and consult with managers to provide risk-reducing solutions.
Basic Required Qualifications:
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent, and 12+ years of progressive HR experience; including significant experience in workplace relations.
• Strong interpersonal, as well as oral and written communication skills, with the ability to communicate and relate to diverse constituencies.
• Proven track record of partnering with legal, line management and HR leaders on workplace relations matters.
• Knowledge of federal and state laws employment laws and government regulations, as well interpretation and administration of policies and procedures.
• Flexibility, adaptability and ability to work under pressure.
• Earns the confidence and trust of others, delivers on commitments, demonstrates high standards of ethical conduct, and protects confidential information.
• Investigation and resolution of complex workplace relations cases; exposure to external claims (i.e. EEOC, litigation, mediation, arbitration, etc.).
• Must be able to work independently.
• Strong analysis skills in order to interpret data necessary to identify trends and areas of risk.
• Ability to use diplomacy and tact in confrontational situations.
• Excellent conflict resolution and negotiations skills.
• Strong planning and organization skills, as well as attending to detail.
• Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
• Desired skills: Advanced/Master’s Degree in Human Resources, Industrial Relations or related field.
• Professional certifications/designations such as PHR or SPHR
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:Yes
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Workplace Relations3000Corporate
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.