Job Requisition:Data Scientist w/Polygraph
The Data Scientist is responsible for leading enterprise data analysis across a large complex intelligence program using tools and IT capabilities for improving the use and production of data and results. This role requires both IC analytic experience and familiarization with a broad range of data analysis tools and techniques. This role leads complex projects requiring data analysis, interpretation, and communication to support decision-makers and customers. This individual develops innovative approaches to analyze and exploit the customer data holdings for rapid data correlation and data processing in support IC mission requirements. This role collaborates with the customer to understand, support, and anticipate changing needs and requirements and offers recommendations for solutions.
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field, such as mathematics, engineering, or computer science
- 8+ years of applicable IC experience in data science and/or analysis
- Program level leadership experience directing complex data science and analytic projects
- Experience/knowledge of computer science concepts including programming, statistics, data architecture, data analytics, data science, data mining, and visualization techniques
- Experience using analytic tools (e.g., Tableau) for performing data manipulation, situational awareness, and data visualization
- Experience/knowledge of social network and link analysis tools (e.g., Palantir, i2 Analyst’s Notebook)
- Experience with quantitative and qualitative content analytics
- Oversight of analysis on a variety of data types and sources including unstructured data and social media (e.g., Twitter, Facebook, YouTube)
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate complex technical findings to non-technical audiences in both written and verbal formats
- Demonstrated experience identifying, recommending, and implementing continuous improvement approaches within teams, processes, or technology
- Communicating direction, approaches, and results to teams, leadership, and customers
- Collaborating with projects and programs on data science communities of interest
- Master’s degree in a technical field
- Biometrics experience
- AI experience
- ML experience
- Experience working with statistical packages (e.g. SPSS, R, SAS, Python and SQL)
- Experience with complex database search queries across multiple databases
- Agile/scrum experience
- TS/SCI -w-Poly required
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Data Scientist1000Intelligence
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.