Job Requisition:Strategic Program and Planning Analyst
No two career paths will ever look the same. At Leidos, we know the most talented and diverse IT and engineering professionals will always have a multitude of career choices; your time at Leidos will be a wise investment in your career and in yourself.
Our Civil business is helping to modernize and manage infrastructure, systems and controls, and cybersecurity for civilian agencies and commercial clients around the globe. With core competencies in information technology, energy and environment, complex logistics, and specialized engineering, we solve technical challenges and implement newfound efficiencies on a number of programs!
Leidos is looking for high performing candidates to fill positions supporting the nation's nuclear deterrence mission with the National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA) Office of Defense Programs and provide subject matter expertise in applied R&D strategic planning and program management. The Program Analyst will provide direct support to the NNSA Office of Engineering and Technology Maturation. Overall duties involve integrating critically important, complex technologies across various portfolios into one operating system. The successful candidate will be able to think and plan strategically in order to ensure these technological solutions are available when needed. In addition, they can quickly understand advanced/complex technological projects, clearly articulate challenges, provide viable pathways to success, and accept direction from the federal customer.
• Facilitate and synchronize various technology readiness teams by planning group charters, coordinating and attending meetings, and providing progress/status reports to various leaders.
• Prepare high level meeting summaries; highlight action items and due dates, and other key leadership feedback.
• Track and monitor progress on ongoing projects and initiatives in a across multiple technical programs.
• Review project plans and provide recommendations to federal program managers on consistency, realization potential, possible challenges, and alignment with insertion opportunities.
• Expand interagency coordination with various NNSA and DOD agencies to facilitate collaboration and coordinated staff effort on all strategic products to inform office and NNSA leaders.
• Analyze existing strategic plans and implementation policies in support of technology development and provide improvement recommendations.
• Collect information from a wide variety of sources for executive level documents, briefings and reports, and consolidate the material into a finished product.
• Assist with the preparation and assembly of briefing packages.
• Active DOE Q or DoD TS/SCI security clearance.
• Bachelor’s degree in business or technical discipline with 12 years of relevant experience or a Master’s degree in business or technical discipline with 10 years of relevant experience.
• Experience in applied research and development program planning and management.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office products to include Outlook, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
• Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to interface with executive level management.
• PhD in relevant field.
• Nuclear weapons background and knowledge.
• Nuclear weapon safety and/or surety expertise.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:DOE Q
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Policy Analysis2000Civil
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.