Leidos Defense Group is seeking and Event Management Engineer to support our Joint Regional Security Stack (JRSS) team in Springfield, VA. You must hold an active Secret Clearance to qualify.
In this role, you will perform installation, administration, management, configuration, testing, and integration tasks related to the Joint Regional Security Stack (JRSS) Event Management System (EMS). The JRSS EMS is built on the IBM Tivoli Netcool Product suite. You will work to develop shell and perl scripts to facilitate automated tasks. Additionally, you will produce standard documentation such as System Design Procedures (SDP), Engineering Design Procedures (EDP), Techniques Tactics and Procedures (TTP), and Standard Operating Procedures (SOP).
- Requires BS degree and 9+ years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 7+ years of prior relevant experience. Equivalent work experience will be considered in lieu of degree
- Must have experience with EMS tools; including architecture, installation, configuration, and administration
- Must hold current DoD 8570 IAT2 certification (Security+CE) or higher
- Must hold ACTIVE Secret Security clearance with SSBI and able to obtain Top Secret clearance.
• Event management rules development, performance threshold management, event analysis
• Experience with tools in an enterprise environment
• A solid understanding of SNMP, Syslog, RMON, and other messaging and agent facilities
• Good understanding of integrations, protocols, data flow, and databases
• Good understanding of industry standards and best practices i.e., Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL), Information Technology Service Management (ITSM), ITU-T Telecommunications Management Network (TMN), and others.
• Strong background with Linux and Windows operating systems and servers
• Scripting and programming languages including Perl, Shell Scripting, VBScript, HTML, CGI, PHP, or other
• Specialized experience with the IBM Tivoli Netcool Suite – Omnibus, Probes, WebGUI, Websphere, Jazz, ITM, ITNM, Impact, TCR, TBSM and DB2
• Solid foundation in networking concepts, i.e., routing, switching, IP addressing, and Internet routing protocols
External Referral Eligible
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.