Job Requisition:Sr. Systems Administrator - TS/SCI w/ Poly
The successful candidate will provide infrastructure support for an enterprise Windows/Linux environment. Windows system Administration expertise preferred. Key duties include maintaining operating systems, application support, and infrastructure support.
Typical responsibilities will include:
- OS patching, file and server backups, maintaining group policies, troubleshooting server issues, and other system support tasks. Schedule, plan and implement system upgrades for multiple environments
- Provide operations and maintenance support for infrastructure and associated services to include storage, server infrastructure, backups, and Windows infrastructure. Examples of responsibilities include patching, monitoring, log management, tier 1 and 2 incident/problem escalation support and troubleshooting, and performance monitoring.
- Maintain, and support server infrastructure for high resiliency based on customer requirements and available resources
- Improve performance and provide dedicated expert support for troubleshooting of infrastructure issues and user questions
- Provide direct support to Tier 1 teams
- Investigate, evaluate, and recommend other viable hardware and software solutions as appropriate
- Interpret and implement system standards, processes, and security specifications to maintain organizational IT standards
- Provide formal documentation and status reports to fulfill organizational compliance requirements and serve as reference material for other teams
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or related field and 12+ years of experience in system administration; if no degree, 4+ years’ experience in system engineering or related field.
- 8+ years hands-on experience with Linux systems administration
- 5+ years specific knowledge of server infrastructure, configuration, performance tuning
- Proficiency working with VMware systems
- Knowledge of IC system security standards and INFOSEC processes and boards
- Demonstrated experience with Windows Server and/or Linux
- Demonstrated experience with Active Directory
- Knowledge regarding data backup technologies
- Ability to self-direct and coordinate others efforts in project tasking’s and investigate issues under limited supervision
- Ability to communicate to internal and external customers
- Experience leading a team is a plus
- Experience with ticketing tools such as Remedy
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Administration1000Intelligence
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.