Job Requisition:Senior System Engineer
Provide analysis and generate analytic reports for modern digital/optical telecommunications systems.
Generate component/system specifications as well as identify solutions.
Incorporate knowledge of internet communications including metadata, protocols, addressing, and routing
Development and testing of various types of components or systems that use digital communications signals.
What you will like about this position:
Work in a small, integrated team environment, focused on innovating and driving solutions to meet current and future mission needs.
• Experienced in Advanced Protocols including Open Transport Network (OTN and Virtual Local Area Networks (VLAN).
• Experience designing and developing large-scale systems containing multiple subsystems.
• Experience integrating, installing, configuring, and optimizing HW & SW solutions into an overall system architecture.
• Experience in packet switching systems networks.
• Experience with various standards associated with 2G/3G/4G systems.
• Experienced with telephony switching system networks.
• Experience shall focus on all aspects of systems engineering acquisitions, requirements, development, and training.
• Fourteen (14) years of experience as a Systems Engineer.
• Bachelor’s degree in System Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering Science, Engineering Management or related discipline from an accredited college or university.
• Five (5) years of additional SE experience may be substituted for a Bachelor’s degree.
Experience in a customer facing environment
Desired Skills (if any)
Strong communication skills
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Engineering2000Intelligence
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.