Job Requisition:Senior System Engineer
Execute testing of large data sets, validate current test results, and scripting as necessary
Create validation documentation with repeatable steps for developers to follow
Development and updating of project documentation
Perform Testing/Troubleshooting assignments
Generate CONOPS and Data Flow Documentation
Analyze wireless signals to refine and scope customer requirements, and test and integration plans
What you will like about this position:
Work in a small, integrated team environment, focused on innovating and driving solutions to meet current and future mission needs.
• Experience testing and validating test results of a large, complex system
• Experience with scripting (bash, perl, python, etc.)
• Create professional document of defects suitable for developers to follow.
• Extensive experience with the Life Cycle Support of a software & Red Hat Linux system environment
• Planning, development and coordination of the internal automated testing framework
• Integration of hardware/software solutions into the existing auto test framework
• Experience in defining/writing/analyzing system requirements
• Experience in formulating and writing system documents, to include CONOPS, data flows, integration, SSP contributions, trade/gap analysis, and user guides
• Experience in all areas of integration (designing, analyzing, and implementing)
• Strong interpersonal, communication, and writing skills
• Able to identify and anticipate needs of user community, development staff, and integrated applications –
• Experience designing solutions for cellular technologies
• Experience with RedHat Linux
• Fourteen (14) years of experience as a SE in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity is required.
• Bachelor’s degree in System Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering Science, Engineering Management or related discipline from an accredited college or university is required.
• Five (5) years of additional SE experience may be substituted for a Bachelor’s degree.
• Must be able to interact effectively with the team of engineers/developers AND customers; some travel to deployment sites may be necessary
Experience in a customer facing environment
Desired Skills (if any)
Strong communication skills
Able to function within a large development team; interfacing, creating schedules, briefings, and status reports
Must be able to interact effectively with the team of engineers/developers AND customers; some travel to deployment sites may be necessary
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Engineering2000Intelligence
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.