Job Requisition:Sr. Software Engineer
Support and lead transition and decommissioning activities
Execute testing of large data sets, validate current test results, and scripting as necessary
Create validation documentation with repeatable steps for developers to follow
Development and updating of project documentation
Perform Testing/Troubleshooting of transitioned systems
Generate CONOPS and Data Flow Documentation
Analyze wireless signals to refine and scope customer requirements, and test and integration plans
What you will like about this position:
Work in a small, integrated team environment, focused on innovating and driving solutions to meet current and future mission needs.
• Experienced in software systems transitioning and decommissioning
• Experienced in JAVA, VMs, MASH, DBA, UNIX, Linux, Oracle, Sybase, NiFi based systems
• The applicant should have a thorough understanding of data flows
• Must have strong written and oral communication skills.
• The individual will be expected to interact with customers and participate in technical meetings.
• Fourteen (14) years of experience as a SWE in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline from an accredited college or university is required.
• Four (4) years of additional SWE experience on projects with similar software processes may be substituted for a bachelor’s degree.
• Must be able to interact effectively with developers and the Customer; cubicle environment
Familiarity with C, 370 Assembly, MVS Job Control Language and PL/1 would be helpful but not required.
Experience in a customer facing environment
Desired Skills (if any)
Strong communication skills
Able to function within a large development team; interfacing, creating schedules, briefings, and status reports
Must be able to interact effectively with the team of engineers/developers AND customers; some travel to deployment sites may be necessary
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Engineering2000Intelligence
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.