Job Requisition:Software Engineer
Leidos is looking for a Software Engineer to be versatile, display leadership qualities and be enthusiastic to take on new problems across mission critical exploitation capabilities as we continue to push the technology forward. As a Software Engineer in the National Solutions Intelligence Group, you will join a functional team of accomplished Software Engineers that deliver quality solutions to address the toughest national security challenges. You will work closely with other software engineers, and the system users to create and deploy applications that help the customer make actionable, data-driven decisions. Candidates should have the ability and the willingness to tailor applications to a client’s specific business goals using an agile methodology.
Primary Roles & Responsibilities:
- Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain and improve software.
- Plans, conducts, and coordinates software development activities in a Microsoft Windows 7 and Microsoft Windows 10 environments.
- Troubleshoot software and system issues in a SAFe Agile scrum team
- Designs, develops, documents, tests, and debugs software that integrates COTS and custom software to provide geospatial solutions to mission partners
- Manage individual project priorities, deadlines and deliverables.
- BS degree in Computer Science, similar technical field of study or equivalent practical experience and at least 5 years of experience; or Masters with 2 years of prior relevant experience; OR an additional 4 years of experience in lieu of degree
- Must currently possess an active Top Secret Clearance, with ability to obtain a Polygraph POST hire
- Software development experience in one or more general purpose programming languages.
- Experience working with two or more from the following: web application development, Unix/Linux environments, distributed and parallel systems, information retrieval, natural language processing, networking, developing large software systems, and/or security software development.
- Microsoft Windows 7 and/or Microsoft Windows 10 software development
- Customization of the Hexagon GeoMedia Desktop Professional 2014 or 2016 ribbon
- Customization of the ArcGIS Desktop Professional 10.6.1 or Arc Pro via toolboxes and add ins
- COM interface programming
- Oracle 11.g Client and SQL
- Oracle 12 Client and SQL
- VB6 to VB.Net code migration
- Microsoft Visual Studio
- Subversion as a configuration management system
- Jenkins and supporting scripts
- HP Fortify
- Microsoft PowerShell
- Experience with one or more general purpose programming languages including but not limited to:
- .NET Framework
- Visual Basic
- Experience with SAFe Agile of other Agile SW development methodologies
- Experience with Subversion/JIRA
- Experience working in AWS Cloud architecture and/or application transitions to the Cloud
- Experience developing accessible technologies.
- Experience with development in Windows 7 and 10
- Experience with Hexagon GeoMedia Desktop 2014 or 2016
- Experience with ArcGIS Desktop for collection and management of data, and perform traditional and advance spatial analysis
- Experience code migration (i.e., VB6 to VB .NET)
- Experience with Oracle Database 11g and 12
- Experience conducting Fortify scans and analyzing results
- Interest and ability to learn other coding languages as needed
- Strong debugging skills
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Engineering1000Intelligence
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.