Job Requisition:Electrical Engineer
Leidos Defense has need for an Electrical Engineer to work in our Orlando, FL integration facility on a new training system development program expected to begin in September 2019. Electrical Engineers accomplish an organization’s engineering mission by analyzing requirements, researching and evaluating potential components and processes used in the power generation, manipulation, transmission, distribution, and storage of electricity, and by designing and developing prototypes and assisting the transition of prototypes into manufactured products. Within the broader context of a system (hardware/software) design effort, Electrical Engineers must work collaboratively and effectively with Mechanical, Software, Safety, Reliability/Maintainability, and Human Factors Engineers in a cross-functional team.
The Electrical Engineer will implement company design standards, and achieve part commonality, low cost, and best value solutions into their designs. The Electrical Engineer will work within a cross functional team with multiple, other disciplines including Manufacturing, Logistics, Technical Publications, and Program Management, and will be able to communicate requirements to other team members to support team success in meeting contractual obligations. The Electrical Engineer will have a working knowledge of electro-mechanical design of input/output (I/O) systems, and be experienced in circuit board design and firmware development.
- Review and analyze requirements, participate in defining, deriving and allocating hardware requirements;
- Perform and document trade studies of potential electrical engineering solutions;
- Analyze equipment and components to establish operating data, conduct experimental tests and evaluate results;
- Select components and equipment based on analysis of specifications and reliability;
- Support programs, proposals and other business development efforts by analyzing, breaking down and estimating efforts for electrical engineering tasks and documenting the basis of estimation;
- Create documentation, as needed, to confirm design approach prior to implementation and to ensure clear and accurate communication of all design details needed to produce products; Create schematics, interconnects and cable designs using CAD (AutoCAD preferred);
- Create part drawings, cable drawings and Bills of Material;
- Complete documentation and procedures for installation and maintenance.
- Capture and document design decisions in accordance with company policies and process, per Leidos Quality Management System;
- Review hardware design with engineering and development team and with customers, capture and respond professionally to all feedback;
- Follow best practices for creating safe, usable, reliable, maintainable, producible designs which satisfy all applicable requirements;
- Follow the design standards of the organization and add to the Leidos culture of high standards and product excellence.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Electrical Engineering via an accredited institution, and 5+ years of experience developing digital and analog electrical designs;
- Demonstrated ability to perform requirements driven design and implementation, understanding of methods to maintain requirements traceability;
- Demonstrated ability to work with a diverse team in a fast paced environment;
- Working Knowledge of Government/DOD standards and requirements in preparing drawing packages for contract deliverable Product Drawing Packages and related documents;
- Excellent oral, written, and visual/graphical communications skills.
- Eligible for a security clearance at Secret level.
- Experience in DoD training systems development;
- Experience in automotive design;
- Printed Circuit Board design experience;
- Experience developing, modifying, and maintaining firmware;
- Experience with hardware/software integration and formal user acceptance processes.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Electrical Engineering2000Defense
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.