Job Requisition:Department Administrative Support
Leidos is hiring a Full-time Administrative Assistant who will provide support to the Department Head and Principal Investigators in the Medical Modeling, Simulation, and Mission Support Department at the Naval Health Research Center. The candidate will assist in maintaining records and other regulatory documents, preparing grant proposals and agreements, coordinate data collection efforts, and performing other administrative duties as assigned. The ideal candidate will possess strong verbal, written, and analytical skills; be detail-oriented, able to take initiative, and work well independently and as part of a team.
• Manage daily operations for the department, including serving as the point of contact for facilities, supplies, information technology (IT), interagency agreements, travel, shipping/receiving, library, and public affairs.
• Interface with and assist Principal Investigators, Department Heads, study sponsors, research staff, and consultants in the conduct of research studies.
• Maintain systems for tracking departmental publications and presentations (accepted/published) and bibliographic resource materials.
• Coordinate team meetings, including scheduling, reserving rooms/phone lines, preparing agendas, and producing meeting minutes.
• Act as department liaison for all facility renovations, construction, and office space refurbishment.
• Assist with department purchases and contracts.
• Provide coverage on all aspects (purchasing, contracts, preparation, training) for an annual shipboard humanitarian relief data collection project. Will require some travel (domestic and international)
• Manage department hiring and new hire onboarding; work with various departments and contracting agencies to onboard new staff.
• High school diploma and a minimum of 5 years experience or a bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 2 years experience as an administrative assistant in a government or military setting.
• Skilled in working with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, SharePoint).
• Highly organized, reliable, conscientious, and professional.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Ability to interact positively within a research-oriented environment in a collaborative and professional manner. Experience working with a multidisciplinary team.
• Ability to travel (domestic and international) for 1–2 weeks annually
Prior military/familiarity with military facilities
Current Secret clearance
* Candidate must be a U.S. citizen and able to obtain a Secret clearance.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.