The Government Health & Safety Solutions Group has an opening for a Systems Engineer to work in our Baltimore, MD office. This is an exciting opportunity to use your experience helping the End-User Centric IT Services Program mission. In this mission we provide user-facing IT services to manage our customer, the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services desktop computer experience. This position requires a talented engineer with multi-disciplinary experience. . An ideal candidate will take a multi-disciplinary approach to solve problems and is able to both quantify and deliver accompanying visualizations. The ideal candidate will be able to think on their feet and propose context-appropriate solutions to problems that may arise due to environmental or security constraints. The ideal candidate will have a wide breadth of knowledge in many areas and deep knowledge in a few.
The primary responsibilities of this job will be to develop and maintain documentation of all of the different components that comprise the system of services that we offer to our customer. Make and document recommendations about changes to improve system stability, performance or connectivity. Stay aware of latest trends in desktop and web applications and suggest replacements for user applications that may give a better user experience. Integrate systems together to give new capability or leverage underused or underutilized system abilities. Work with endpoint engineering to ensure system and desktop integrations. Work with infrastructure teams to ensure the proper network configurations and firewall rules are put into place to deploy new capabilities. Will be responsible for end-to-end connectivity for not only applications, but systems. Will be responsible for suggesting, taking and presenting metrics of effectiveness for existing and/or new systems. Create any “glue code” needed for connecting together different systems or adding additional functionality needed to customize a product or make it feature-complete for a customer.
Must have a Bachelor’s Degree and 6 Years of experience,
- Must be able to demonstrate programming expertise in one or more of the following languages:
- Must have knowledge of a scripting language (Bash/Ksh/Csh/VBScript/Powershell)
- Must be able to demonstrate an understanding of the TCP/IP stack and networking
- Must be able to demonstrate integration and customization of commercial off-the-shelf and open-source components
- Must be able to demonstrate and have experience using Web and REST-based Services
- Must be able to demonstrate an understanding of email protocols work to deliver messages
- Must be able to demonstrate an understanding of Asynchronous Messaging and how it can be used in the integration of components
- Must be able to communicate and give direction to others
- Must be able to demonstrate an understanding of Databases and implementations
- Must be able to demonstrate an understanding of Authentication/Authorization methods
- Must be able to put together technology demonstrations to peers
- Must be able to application requirements
- Must be able to work in a team environment or independently
- Must be able to rapidly prototype solutions and communicate limitations/tradeoffs
- Must have experience and be comfortable and perform limited administration to both Windows and *nix
- Must fundamentally understand how Virtualization works and know how to provision resources in VMWare
- Must have experience writing and deploying Web Applications
- Must have working knowledge of data visualization tools
- Experience with automation frameworks is desired
- Experience with application deployment tools and/or frameworks is desired
All candidates supporting the CMS programs must have lived in the United States at least three (3) out of the last five (5) years prior in order to be considered.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.