Job Requisition:Systems Administrator II
The Department of Homeland Security (DHS) has a continuing requirement for Secure Enterprise Network Systems, Services, & Support (SENS3) for the continued operations and maintenance and evolution of the Homeland Secure Data Network (HSDN) and the Classified Local Area Network (C-LAN).
Supporting the SENS3 team, the candidate will provide O&M support for network, server, virtual machine, and system management to include the following:
- Provide the technical services necessary to engineer, operate, deploy, and maintain HSDN and C-LAN servers and virtual machines (VMs);
- Provide remote operations and management of servers;
- Perform onsite engineering and maintenance as required for systems hosted at DC1;
- Create, configure, test, deploy, and monitor VMs to provide infrastructure services and meet capacity and performance requirements;
- Provide infrastructure services to allow the creation, configuration, deployment, monitoring, and separation of content management services for HSDN customer content to be accessed internally and externally;
- Monitor all VMs for operational status and utilization;
- Conduct preventive maintenance on existing server assets;
- Coordinate with data center contractors as required to provision, maintain, and retire server assets;
- Replace existing server components with newer, better maintained technologies to avoid obsolescence, in accordance with the Technology Refreshment Plan;
- Provision and/or decommission servers and virtual machines to meet capacity and utilization needs;
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college in a related discipline, or equivalent experience/combined education, with 1-2 years of professional experience.
- 2+ years of experience working with networks and performing System and Server administration
- Must be Familiar with Windows System administration tools and processes
- Knowledge in coordinating problem resolution and working across IT functional areas
- Proven Ability to manage multiple task/events simultaneously and deliver on time.
- DHS Experience
- Networking Certification
- Microsoft Certification