Job Requisition:Senior Manager of Operational Accounting
Leidos is currently seeking an Senior Manager of Operational Accounting to join a dynamic, multi-national Company with a key role leading our Corporate Accounting Team in Oak Ridge - TN. We are looking for an energetic, team player with a background in corporate accounting in a large company. This is a highly visible and impactful position working with and giving direction to both internal and external resources.
In this role, you will manage a team of accountants including both direct and indirect reports who perform general ledger reconciliations, journal entries and other financial accounting and reporting activities. The successful candidate will provide leadership and expertise in continually improving financial accounting processes. Furthermore, you will also be accountable for ensuring compliance with appropriate controls, policies, deadlines and regulatory requirements. You will interact extensively with senior organizational finance and corporate accounting personnel.
- Lead, develop and motivate a large team of experienced individuals with responsible areas of Asset Management, Corporate Real Estate, and various other operational accounting functions.
- Serve as a collaborative leadership role model across functional boundaries as one of the key leaders within our Oak Ridge office.
- Strong focus on process improvements including system enhancements, process streamlining and support RPA initiatives
- Meet corporate financial closing and reporting requirements and deadlines
- Support accounting standard updates and system implementations to ensure sustained control environment and financial statement accuracy
- Act as an expert consultant providing financial support to business areas regarding conformance to corporate policies and procedures and inquiries thereof
- Ensure compliance with assigned SOX and DFARS internal controls
- Respond timely to internal and external audit requests
- Be a change agent that proactively Identifies, champions, and implements process improvement and automation opportunities
- Interact regularly with line and corporate functions, such as Project Controllers, FP&A, Procurement, Technical Accounting, Financial Reporting, and Tax
- Certified Public Accountant with extensive working knowledge of GAAP
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance and minimum 8+ years of experience in accounting with progressive experience in the financial close process and leading, managing and supervising general ledger accountants.
- Team-oriented, employee-centric leader with a passion for problem solving and process improvement, with the ability to recognize the root cause of issues and successfully resolve them.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and meet strict deadlines while managing multiple priorities.
- Costpoint experience
- Government Contracting experience
- Prior experience working in public accounting from a large national firm
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.