Are you a passionate and innovative software engineer that loves optimization problems? Are you eager to make a positive difference in the world? Do you want to work alongside mission driven and values focused teammates? Then Leidos has just the position for you! As a Senior Software Engineer in our San Diego office you will be part of a strong team of scientists and engineers with the opportunity to leverage parallelism and innovative optimization approaches to enable signal processing algorithms that address some of our nation’s most challenging national security problems. You will be the lead software engineer on an exciting new project and will have the freedom to chart the course of the software development effort.
From problem to solution, it will be your job to design, develop, and implement the best software approach for solving real world signal processing problems
- You will be expected to work alongside signal processing engineers to help develop algorithms in a fast-paced, collaborative environment
- You will be expected to determine a software architecture that allows for fast code execution, which may involve multi-threading, parallelization, and GPU/CUDA coding
- You will be expected to write code that can be reused and allows for expansion
- Finally, you will be expected to work collegially within a talented team of peers
- BS/MS in Computer Science, similar degree
- 4 plus years’ of industry experience in a software development role with a Bachelors or Masters in 2 years of experience
- Experience with C++ libraries, multi-threading and vector processing
- Strong knowledge of modern software engineering best practices
- Strong code reviewer with attention to details and a good grasp of the big picture
- Demonstrated exceptional work ethic
- Proven track record of innovation, problem solving, and successful technical results
Have a Top Secret security clearance
- Be a self-motivated and a team player, ready for a fast-paced environment and high expectations
- Experienced with software development in a Linux environment
- Experience with CUDA for GPU programming
- Mathematical or signal processing background
- Additional software experience such as shell scripting, Perl, Python, MATLAB, and MPI
External Referral Bonus
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.