Job Requisition:Radar Engineer (Multiple Levels Available)
Leidos is seeking Radar Engineers with comprehensive knowledge in surveillance radars; radar subsystems and interfacing equipment (e.g., antennas, processors, height computers, monitoring, data transmission, 3-dimensional radar plot extractors, power systems, etc.); interfacing radars in an air defense network; and familiarity with current Royal Saudi Air Force (RSAF) systems (e.g., TPS-43, TPS-72, FPS-117, etc.) to support the RSAF in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. The training specialist will be part of the Contractor Engineering and Technical Support team in support of a U.S. Air Force Foreign Military Sales (FMS) program to the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. This is a one-year assignment with option to renew.
The Radar Engineer shall perform work that involves applying radar knowledge and technical expertise to support operations, sustainment and modifications, including, but not limited to, the following:
- Advising and assisting the RSAF in all aspects of radar engineering
- Studying existing systems and operations to identify potential new systems or system upgrades
- Managing modifications from early stages of implementation to completion
- Design and development of training material and conduct of training, including OJT IAW the RSAF Structured OJT Program RSAF 105 Series Manuals
- Attend meetings and conferences and prepare/present briefings as required
- Performing intermediate level maintenance as required
- Supporting Mobile Maintenance Team (MMT) functions and travel to remote radar sites to perform specialized maintenance, trouble shooting, and training
- Level I: BA/BS and 4 years of experience in aircraft E&E systems OR 8 years of direction related experience with proper certifications in lieu of degree
- Level II: BA/BS and 10 years of experience maintaining training and personnel in ISR mission systems, OR 15 years of directly related experience with proper certifications in lieu of degree. Experience in RSAF work environment and on RSAF systems preferred.
- Level III: MA/MS and 12 years of experience in E&E systems; OR BA/BS and 15 years of experience in E&E systems; OR 20 years of directly related experience with proper certifications in lieu of degree. Experience in RSAF work environment and on RSAF systems preferred.
- Must be able to demonstrate past examples of cultural adaptability and ability to establish a trusted professional relationship with an international customer.
- Arabic language proficiency.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Electrical Engineering2000Defense
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.