Leidos is seeking Integrated Aircraft Avionics technicians with comprehensive knowledge of aircraft avionics and instrumentation maintenance requirements to include Glass Cockpit technology to support the Royal Saudi Air Force (RSAF) in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. The training specialist will be part of the Contractor Engineering and Technical Support team in support of a U.S. Air Force Foreign Military Sales (FMS) program to the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. This is a one-year assignment with option to renew.
The Integrated Aircraft Avionics technician shall perform work that applies a broad theoretical and practical knowledge of Aircraft Avionics/Instrument Maintenance to include, but not limited to, the following:
Advising and assisting the RSAF in all aspects of radar engineering
Troubleshooting of discrepancies with aircraft avionics/instrumentation (computers, data processing systems and radar and inertial electronic systems)
Inspection and repair of Flight Simulators and modification of Radar Systems
Design and development of training material and conduct of training, including OJT IAW the RSAF Structured OJT Program RSAF 105 Series Manuals
Performing maintenance, and Organization and Intermediate Level inspections for Avionics/Instrument systems
Review, evaluation and tracking of system anomalies and implementation of corrective actions
Supervision of Avionics Flight personnel
- Level I: BA/BS and 4 years of experience in aircraft E&E systems OR 8 years of direction related experience with proper certifications in lieu of degree
- Level II: BA/BS and 10 years of experience maintaining training and personnel in ISR mission systems, OR 15 years of directly related experience with proper certifications in lieu of degree. Experience in RSAF work environment and on RSAF systems preferred.
- Level III: MA/MS and 12 years of experience in E&E systems; OR BA/BS and 15 years of experience in E&E systems; OR 20 years of directly related experience with proper certifications in lieu of degree. Experience in RSAF work environment and on RSAF systems preferred.
- Must be able to demonstrate past examples of cultural adaptability and ability to establish a trusted professional relationship with an international customer.
- Arabic language proficiency.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Aircraft Avionics Technician, Electrical Engineering
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.