Job Requisition:Senior Storage (NetApp + Cohesity) Engineer
Leidos has an opening for a Senior Storage (NetApp + Cohesity) Engineer with experience. The individual selected for this position will be a member of the Infrastructure\Windows Platform Services Team and will be assigned to work full time at a customer site in Washington, DC. This individual will provide Storage Services and architect, engineer, install, manage, operate and maintain Storage Infrastructure and related components and connectivity at the customer site, and at remote datacenters worldwide.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Support requirements from a customer and to maintain VMWare, Windows, and Linux Platform solutions in test and production, connected to the Storage Infrastructure.
- Troubleshoot related service issues including outages, anomalous behavior, and slow response class of problems. Outages may be on critical systems and candidates must be able to work methodically through these stressful events.
- Provide recommendations to optimize the storage infrastructure for storage, network, VMWare, Windows and Linux operation and performance for connected devices.
- Document all platform service processes and procedures and maintain the artifacts in a document repository.
- Perform systems operation support, including storage and server system administration, general troubleshooting, and troubleshooting of complex engineering issues for hardware, software, and network components.
- Participate in disaster recovery (DR) planning and execution in support of customer requirements.
- Support data center consolidation efforts.
- Provide expertise and assistance in migrations to managed service(s).
The ideal candidate will be personable and articulate, and will focus on making sure that the customer’s IT needs are met quickly and effectively. He or she will be a self-starter who can work with limited supervision. Excellent communication skills are required to effectively interface with customers on site and with staff in the main office in Washington, DC.
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant technical discipline and 10 years of overall related experience with a Windows\NETAPP Storage and server environment; additional related years of experience is accepted in lieu of a degree
- Active Top Secret clearance
- Solid hands-on knowledge of NetApp SAN solutions is required for this position.
- Senior level understanding of NetApp, Windows Server design, configuration and administration
- Hands on experience with NetApp: Models FAS2554, FAS8040, FAS8200, AFFA8040, AFFA300
- Experience handling senior level responsibilities related to maintaining production with reliable and stable operations that includes but not limited to Senior level understanding of Windows Services and Servers, NetApp Storage Services and Servers, Advanced Troubleshooting, and advanced Windows Server communications integrated with NetApp Storage\Appliances and hosting within Azure Cloud Environments
- PowerShell Scripting experience
- System (hardware) and application (software) installation and configuration
- System monitoring using installed tools as well as external tools
- Experience with configuration, troubleshooting and maintaining virtual and cloud environments
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Ability to multitask and function in a fast-paced environment
- Experience or familiarity with Cohesity platform solutions
- MCSE certification, VMWare, NetApp, or Azure certifications
- NetApp: Models FAS2554, FAS8040, FAS8200, AFFA8040, AFFA300…Over 1500TB of storage
- ITIL training and/or certification
- Past experience with the Department of Justice
- DOJ or DOD Active Clearance
- Network knowledge and experience
- Working knowledge of NetApp and other storage devices
- Exposure to SQL and Oracle and database concepts and installations
- ITSM knowledge and experience, particularly with Remedy
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Administration2000Civil
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.