Leidos has an opening for a Senior Virtualization Engineer with NetApp Storage administration experience. The individual selected for this position will be a member of the Infrastructure\Windows Platform Services Team and will be assigned to work full time at a customer site in Washington, DC. This individual will provide Virtualization Services and architect, engineer, install, manage, operate and maintain Infrastructure and related components and connectivity at the customer site, and at remote datacenters worldwide.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
- Support requirements from a customer and to maintain VMWare, Windows, and Linux Platform solutions in test and production.
- Troubleshoot related service issues including outages, anomalous behavior, and slow response class of problems. Outages may be on critical systems and candidates must be able to work methodically through these stressful events.
- Provide recommendations to optimize infrastructure for storage, network, VMWare, Windows and Linux operation and performance for connected devices.
- Architect, deploy, and maintain a local clustered VMWare Datacenter, and an Azure Gov Cloud environment including all related components, settings, and services.
- Document all platform service processes and procedures and maintain the artifacts in a document repository.
- Perform systems operation support, including storage and server system administration, general troubleshooting, and troubleshooting of complex engineering issues for hardware, software, and network components.
- Participate in disaster recovery (DR) planning and execution in support of customer requirements.
- Support data center consolidation efforts.
- Provide expertise and assistance in migrations to managed service(s).
The ideal candidate will be personable and articulate, and will focus on making sure that the customer’s IT needs are met quickly and effectively. He or she will be a self-starter who can work with limited supervision. Excellent communication skills are required to effectively interface with customers on site and with staff in the main office in Washington, DC.
- Bachelor's degree (or sufficient documented experience) in a relevant technical discipline and 10 years of overall related experience supporting VMWare and 7+ Azure in a large scale enterprise or data center environment
- Experience providing Tier 3 support for Virtualization platforms to the IT Service Desk
- Working knowledge of Microsoft and VMWare solution stacks in on-prem, cloud, and hybrid environments
- Strong PowerShell/scripting and VMWare ESXCLI automation experience
- Experience with Azure Site Recovery, Azure AD, OMS
- Experience with advanced VMWare services and settings
- Ability to Architect, Engineer, Optimize, Maintain and Administer the VMWare and Azure environments.
- Active Top Secret clearance
- Experience in a Iaas/PaaS environment highly desired
- Experience with HyperV and AWS
- VMWare VCenter experience
- Citrix and\or VDI experience
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Windows Server 2008, 2012, 2016 and newer
- Experience using Microsoft SCCM, SCOM, OMS, Azure and any other traditional tools
- Experience with vendors, including NetApp, Cohesity, Varonis, Symantec, Veritas NetBackup and Enterprise Vault, NetIQ DRA, SSPR
- Experience managing internal CAs, KMS and other architecture solutions
- Routing, switching, or other networking skills useful, especially as related to Azure or Virtual Networking
- Experience with migrations and upgrades, including in place VMWare, on-prem to cloud, cloud to cloud, and other operating system and DB systems
- VCP Certification
- MCSE Certification
- ITIL training and/or certification
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Administration
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.