Job Requisition:Division FBO Senior Manager
The Homeland Security Solutions (HSS) Operation of Leidos has an immediate need for a Division F&BO Senior Manager. This role will lead the Finance and Business Operation organization for the Transportation & Border Security Services (TBSS) Division.
The Division F&BO Senior Manager will direct the Division’s financial function and drive fiscal performance in line with the HSS Operation and TBSS Division’s overall business and strategic objectives. The Division F&BO Senior Manager will work closely with the TBSS VP, Division Manager to ensure that business strategies and plans are implemented, forecasts and plans are developed and continually monitored, and that financial objectives are achieved.
This position will report to the Homeland Security Solutions Operation CFO, Operations F&BO Director with a strong dotted line to the TBSS VP, Division Manager, and will act as a key member of the finance leadership within the Company.
The Division F&BO Senior Manager will partner with the TBSS VP, Division Manager in developing and implementing the Division’s business strategy, and will also provide financial insights, enabling the Division leadership to make the appropriate decisions in the execution of the business strategy. The Division F&BO Senior Manager will also be responsible for providing the TBSS VP, Division Manager and the leadership team with key financial information and operational analytics.
Additional work locations include: Gaithersburg, MD. Telework will also be considered.
- Serve as advisor and strategic partner with regards to business planning, profitability, growth targets and revenue goals.
- Responsible for financial performance of the Division to include Long Range Plan, monthly forecasts and FP&A activities.
- Develop processes to assess, monitor and mitigate business and financial risks within the business
- Identify and implement operational improvements, and ensure processes are in place to continually monitor cost and margin performance drivers.
- Provide leadership and direction to the Division’s financial operations, including accounting, expense control, indirect rate management, financial planning, and cash flow management.
- Ensure the organization maintains compliance with all established accounting and financial policies, regulations, processes and agreements.
- Oversee the budgeting/forecasting process and support associated requests and financial estimates.
- Participate in building a culture that is team-oriented and committed to professional excellence.
- Manage, mentor and develop finance staff and direct training and development to ensure that all functional resources are in alignment with organizational needs.
- Provide leadership in partnering with enterprise shared services for functional support services to the Division
- Support business strategy and proposal development for New Business opportunities within the TBSS Division.Work closely with business development, capture management, and pricing teams on new business strategy, cost volume reviews, and preparation of cash flow for Executive briefings External and internal customer interface.
- Manage a team of business finance professional staff to ensure contractual compliance, cost management, budget development and proposal support.
- Month-end closings and variance/trend analyses
- Cash management/Capex
Key Deliverables: Estimate at Completion (EACs), Quarterly Financial Status Reviews (QFSRs), Monthly Operating Reviews (MOR), and Quarterly Business Reviews (QBR).
- BA/ BS degree in finance, accounting or related field, CPA certification and/or advanced degree preferred.
- Minimum 10 years of relevant financial management experience in positions of increasing authority
- The ability to analyze financials and advise senior management on financial and strategic issues.
- Proven track record of growing revenue, improving profit margins, and providing financial support for complex financial transactions.
- Experience and training in the areas of generation of financial statements, internal controls, performance reporting and evaluation, budget development, and supervision of staff.
- Thorough knowledge of FAR, CAS and GAAP
- Characteristics necessary for success include: analytical, presentation, and problem-solving skills; the ability to create consensus-based support for strategic initiatives and processes, and the ability to establish a solid working relationship with senior management and peers. Candidate should possess excellent written and verbal communication skills and have the ability to interact credibly and diplomatically with all levels of management.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:Yes
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Operations Finance1000Civil
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.