Job Requisition:Senior System Administrator
The Modeling Simulation & Training Division of Leidos is looking for a Senior Linux System Administrator for a position in the Northern Virginia area. This position requires the ability to obtain a DoD Secret clearance to be considered.
The position is to join a team of 20 working on the full life cycle from design to user support of applications and collaboration tools to enhance the capabilities of DoD test and training ranges.
The position involves the administration of Linux systems that support web applications, databases, and internal applications connected to the internet and .mil networks. The candidate will be involved in installation, support and performance and security monitoring of servers and applications.
Designing, configuring, installing and monitoring of operating systems, applications and monitoring tools to ensure our 50+ computers in classified and unclassified enclaves are secure and operating optimally to ensure high level of uptime.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, or related degree program or experience that would provide equivalent knowledge and minimum of four (4) years of system administration experience.
- A minimum of 5 years Linux system administration
- US Citizenship required to able to obtain a DoD Secret clearance
- Experience configuring and monitoring Apache web server
- Experience configuring and monitoring MySql, MariaDB or PostgeSql
- Experience configuring and monitoring Linux based email servers such as DoveCot and Mailman
- A system security certification such as CISSP or Security+
- Experience in the application and monitoring of IA controls according to DoD guidance
- Experience is using tools to automate the administration and monitoring of Linux systems such as Ansible and Splunk.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:None
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Administration1000Defense
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.