The Cyber and SIGINT Solutions Operation under the Intelligence Group of Leidos is seeking an experienced Database Engineer 3 with a TS/SCI with polygraph clearance.
The project provides life cycle support to operational software applications and databases with-in the as-is architecture directed toward the current operational needs. The Senior Database Engineer will provide part-time Sybase expertise in support of an enterprise database architecture. This position will be 4 hours per week with additional hours possible on an as needed basis. Individuals will have experience in a customer facing environment.
The OCEANWAVE (OW) program is a TTO-based, LOE program in support of our customer’s Operations organization. Through new development and rapid prototyping, OW looks to help its customer find new and better data sources and tradecraft to answer new and existing intelligence questions to accomplish its mission. Working across all areas, using methods that run the gamut from leading edge visualizations, analytic development and new technology research, the OW program constantly strives to provide the best solutions for the customer to address their mission needs, all in a fast paced, highly collaborative challenging environment.
- Installation and patching of Sybase enterprise software
- Follow, update, and create procedures for testing and deploying on enterprise databases
- Monitor and optimize database performance
- Perform testing/troubleshooting assignments
- Execute database backups
- Install test instances on VMs
What you will like about this position
- Work in a small, integrated team environment, focused on innovating and driving solutions to meet current and future mission needs.
- Sybase DBA experience
- Familiarity with Sybase installation and patching
- Experience writing, testing, and deploying stored procedures
- Knowledge of database performance, tuning, and backups
- Ability to install test instances on VMs
- 8 - 12 years of experience as a DBE in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity is required.
- Bachelor’s degree in System Engineering, Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering Science, Engineering Management or related discipline from an accredited college or university is required.
- Five (5) years of additional DBE experience may be substituted for a Bachelor’s degree.
- Experience in a customer facing environment
- Strong communication skills
- Able to function within a large development team; interfacing, creating schedules, briefings, and status reports
- Must be able to interact effectively with the team of engineers/developers AND customers
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Scheduled Weekly Hours:12
Job Family:Database Management
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.