Job Requisition:Windows System Administrator
Leidos Flight Service has an opening as a Windows System Administrator to work in our Ashburn, VA facility. We are an FAA contractor supporting general aviation customers in Pre-flight, In-flight, Operational, Emergency, and Special Services. Leidos Flight Service provides meteorological and aeronautical information to assist general aviation customers in making informed decisions regarding their intended flights, including but not limited to pre-flight weather briefings, processing flight plans, search and rescue, as well as in-flight meteorological and aeronautical information. Candidate must be able to obtain an SF-85P Public Trust clearance from the FAA customer. Due to contract requirements, the position requires U.S. Citizenship.
This is an exciting opportunity to be part of a talented team of IT and engineering professionals responsible for maintaining infrastructure that provides critical information and services to aviation professionals. We manage a wide range of different technologies, systems and software that provide these complex services to our users and secure connections to the national airspace system. This position requires attention to detail, strong technical ability and the willingness to work any shift.
Daily duties and/or specific job responsibilities:
Develop, document and implement changes to the lab and operational environment
Provide support to development team members in the lab environment
Participate and contribute in the monthly patching exercises, software release events, maintenance activities and team/program meetings.
Collaborate with and assist other system owner team members in our virtual room
Help resolve critical issues in the operational environment
• Requires Bachelors of Science degree and 4-8 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 2-6 years of prior relevant experience
• Extensive experience in the following technologies:
• Windows Server 2012/2016 administration and deployment
• Windows 10 administration and deployment
• Windows 2012/2016 Active Directory and Group Policy Management
• BMC BladeLogic 8.7 or higher
• Microsoft SCCM 2012 or higher
• Experience implementing and supporting large corporate domain environments
• Process oriented and has experience working with formal change control processes
• Ability to handle multiple priorities and deadlines.
• Excellent teamwork and interpersonal skills.
• Able to obtain an SF-85P Public Trust clearance from the FAA customer
• Due to contract requirements, this position requires U.S. Citizenship
• Hands on VMWare ESXi 6 or higher virtualization experience
• MS SQL Server 2014 administration
• MS Exchange 2012 or higher
• Aspect Unified IP administration
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Public Trust
Travel:Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Administration1000Civil
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.