Job Requisition:Engineering Tech III
The Defense Group with Leidos has an opening for an Engineering Technician III supporting our NATSC contract in Newport Rhode Island.
The successful candidates will be repair/production technicians on towed array repair lines of the Navy Array Technical Support Center (NATSC) at the Naval Undersea Warfare Center, Division Newport. Technicians assigned to specific array product lines or the Hose & Tow Cable Fabrication Shop and will either evaluate and troubleshoot failed module assemblies to the component level and perform repairs, manufacture array module hose assemblies and/or tow cables in accordance with formal work instructions, using conformed materials, and with high standards of quality. They will work with, mentor, and assist with the training of junior technicians. Performs standardized or prescribed assignments, involving a sequence of related operations. Receives initial instruction, equipment requirements, and advice from supervisor or engineer as needed; performs recurring work independently; work is reviewed for technical adequacy or conformity with instructions. Performs at this level one or a combination of such typical duties as: Constructs components, sub-units, or simple models or adapts standard equipment. May troubleshoot and correct malfunctions.
Follows specific layout and scientific diagrams to construct and package simple devices and sub-units of equipment. Conducts various tests or experiments which may require minor modifications in test setups or procedures as well as subjective judgments in measurement; selects, sets up, and operates standard test equipment and records test data. Extracts and compiles a variety of engineering data from field notes, manuals, lab reports, etc.; processes data, identifying errors or inconsistencies; selects methods of data presentation. Assists in design modification by compiling data related to design, specifications, and materials which are pertinent to specific items of equipment or component parts. Develops information concerning previous operational failures and modifications. Uses judgment and initiative to recognize inconsistencies or gaps in data and seeks sources to clarify information.
- High school/vocational school diploma or GED certificate or Technical school diploma and 3 years work related experience in electrical/electronic systems.
- Experience performing electronic repairs at the component level using copper and fiber optic signal path repair procedures/techniques to documented quality standards using formal work procedures OR, experience manufacturing hose assemblies for various towed array modules from raw stock to documented quality standards using formal work procedures, OR preparing and terminating sonar array tow cables using formal work procedures and in accordance with documented quality standards.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret level clearance. Must have a minimum of a DoD Interim secret level clearance to start in this position.
- Documented completion of soldering and/or fiber-optic termination/connectorization certification/training.
- Operational knowledge and experience with industrial equipment including, but not limited to, that of the type used with module hosing/dehosing, pressure, tension, and handling testing, and automated/semi-automated electronic test equipment; measuring/grinding of hose material, mechanical swaging, cable connector molding and pressure testing, as appropriate to the shop/product line assigned.
- Active DOD secret clearance or Interim Secret clearance.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:SCA Engineering Tech1000Defense
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.