Job Requisition:Biometric Software Enginer (Master) POLY REQUIRED
Why wake up every day and want more when YOU CAN HAVE IT? Do you love KNOWING at the end of each day that your work made a difference? Have you ever wondered what it would be like to work with one of the BEST in government contracting? Ranked by Forbes in 2018 as a Top 100 government contractor and one of the World’s Most Ethical Companies, Team Leidos is one you don’t want to overlook.
Everything we do is built on a commitment to do the right thing for our customers, our people, and our community. We embrace and solve some of the world's toughest challenges. We’re focused on ensuring our intelligence customers have the right tools, technologies, and tactics to keep pace with an ever-evolving threat landscape and succeed in their mission to protect people and critical assets around the world. Who wouldn’t be fulfilled being part of that every day? We know once you join Team Leidos, you are sure to go home at the end of every day knowing YOU MADE A DIFFERENCE, resulting in one of the most REWARDING careers you could have imagined. WE WANT YOU!!
As part of an Agile Team, the Biometric Engineer designs, develops, and maintains software applications using a tailored SAFe Agile DevSecOps Scrum process that will incorporate biometics data. This role uses best practices and patterns to perform design, development using Java, Springboot, Hibernate. An individual in this role is also expected to perform automated testing and unit testing using Katalon and JUnit, while performing automated deployments of software modules using a Continuous Integration Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) tools pipeline. Duties also include participating in daily scrums, performing software requirements analysis, risk identification, risk mitigation, and collaboration across Agile teams. Flexible cross-training to also provide systems engineering, software development, training, security, and testing is also desired.
• Participate in software programming initiatives to support innovation and enhancement, using Java, Hibernate, SpringBootDeveloping and directing software system validation and testing methods using Junit and Katalon.
• Experience incorporating facets and variables of biometric data to include facial, fingerprint and iris data into an integrated platform.
• Participate in the development of documentation.
• Coordinate closely with customers, Scrum Masters, and cross-functional areas to communicate project statuses and initiatives.
• Analyze data to effectively coordinate the installation of new systems or modifications to existing systems.
• Support the Agile software development lifecycle.
• Use of industry leading tools like GitHub, Jenkins, Unix bash scripting, Ruby on Rails, Oracle, Git, HTML, Spring, and Tomcat.
• Perform systems software development, including deployment of build artifacts across different environments leverage GitFlow constructs.
• Communicate key project data to team members and build team cohesion and effectiveness.
• Develop and execute project plans. Leverage Atlassian tool suite like JIRA and Confluence to track activities.
• Apply best practices and standard operating procedures.
• Create innovative solutions to meet the technical needs of customers.
Candidate must have Bachelors with 12-15 years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 10-13 years of prior relevant experience.
Candidate must have an active TS/SCI with polygraph.
"External Referral Eligible"
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Software Engineering2000Intelligence
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.