Job Requisition:Integrated Product Support Manager
At Leidos, we welcome your perspective and ideas, in order to foster collaboration and deliver world-class solutions. We look for solutions that not only transform businesses, but change the world.
As part of our company mission, we're dedicated to making the world a safer place. That starts with helping our customers in the Defense industry achieve their critical missions. From our airborne work with sensors alerting warfighters to what's over the next hill, to our autonomous maritime platforms protecting sea lanes and shores -- our dedicated Defense Group scientists and engineers are solving critical challenges across the globe. Defense capabilities including enterprise and mission IT, command and control, geospatial and data analytics, cybersecurity, operations support, logistics, and training serve a diverse set of customers including the U.S. Army, U.S. Air Force, U.S. Navy, the Defense Information Systems Agency, and the North Atlantic Treaty Organization.
The Intelligence, Surveillance, and Reconnaissance (ISR)/Mission Equipment Package (MEP) Processing, Exploitation, and Dissemination (PED) Division of the Defense group of Leidos has a dynamic opportunity for a Integrated Product Support Manager with extensive logistics management experience in a broad-spectrum of applications to include the development of training materials. This position is located at our Huntsville, Alabama offices. In this role, you will be a member of a multi-functional team supporting a full spectrum of division activities specifically focused on Life Cycle Sustainment Management, Technical Management and Infrastructure Management of major weapon systems. Duties include controlling the flow of goods, services and information between the point of origin through customer placement in order to meet customer requirements as well as ensure the execution and improvement of standard logistic processes associated documentation. Additionally, you will coordinate cross-functional efforts to accomplish assigned tasks and will be responsible for leadership activities as required; provide support to functional areas including the development and implementation of a comprehensive product support strategy for the weapon system and conduct appropriate cost analyses to validate the product support strategy, including cost-benefit analyses.
NOTE: This position is contingent upon contract award and funding; anticipated September 2019
- Serves as the Supervisory Product Support Manager (PSM) reporting directly to the Program Manager.
- Provides overall direction and guidance for the development and implementation of a comprehensive product support strategy for the materiel system throughout the system life cycle.
- Ensures appropriate predictive analysis and modeling tools are used to improve materiel availability and reliability, increase operational availability rates, and reduce operation and sustainment costs.
- Develop and implement a comprehensive, outcome-based product support strategy.
- Perform contract development and management, budget planning, IPT management, and other business, financial, contract and operational responsibilities.
- Support engineering activities specifically related to ensuring no degradation of the technical performance of the system over its life cycle.
- Transitioning the early initial maintenance concept into a detailed plan executed during fielding.
- Knowledge of classroom training, special devices, simulators, and distance learning providing a continuous, yet realistic training experience.
- Demonstrate the ability to integrate computer resources accounting for the significant role that information technology and the necessary computer infrastructure for weapon system support as well as support operations.
- Integration of new technologies related to physical security, utilities, and operation of sites.
- Oversee cost estimating, planning, programming, budgeting, program integration, interoperability, product support integrators and product support providers, and oversight of the product support function.
- Keep informed of current developments in the field by studying technical literature, attending and participating in meetings and symposia, and through correspondence with other professionals.
- Maintains contact with other groups and organizations performing related work and coordinates new ideas and developments.
- Coordinate with Government customer and develop Provisioning products for delivery
- Develop logistics documentation (Technical Manuals, training material and MWOs) that validate customer driven requirements are met
- Impact project teammates regarding design, process and applications
- Responsible for mentoring, reviewing and delegating work to subcontractor professionals
- Develop and maintain documentation and Contract Deliverable Requirements Lists (CDRLs)
- Coordinate and communicate with US Army UAS stakeholders and end users as well as with the internal and external customer and leadership
- Demonstrate comprehensive knowledge and understanding the twelve functional component categories of the Integrated Product Support (IPS) Elements.
- Develop and implement a comprehensive product support strategy, knowledge of appropriate predictive analysis and modeling tools that can improve material availability and reliability, increase operational availability, and reduce O&S cost
- Manage and conduct appropriate cost analyses to validate the product support strategy, including cost-benefit analyses, as outlined in OMB Circular A-94.
To be considered for this position, you must minimally meet the knowledge, skills, and abilities listed below.
- Requires a Bachelor’s degree and 8+ years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6+ years of prior relevant experience. Additional years of experience allowed in lieu of a degree
- Active DoD Secret clearance required
- Knowledge of basic military logistics, supply and operations.
- Must be knowledgeable on Army Regulation (AR) 700-127 and the 12 tenants of Integrated Product Support (IPS)
- Experience leading and managing logistic teams
- Experience diagnosing complex system problems and develop innovate solutions
- Experience in cross-functional planning, coordinating and task execution situations involving the full spectrum of logistics activities
- Experience with Microsoft Office suite (e.g., Word, Excep, PowerPoint, Viso, etc)
- Experience developing logistics requirements
- Experience leading IPTs, Logistics Summits with Government Customer or smaller task teams
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communications, and presentation skills
- 25% CONUS travel required
- DAWIA Level III Logistics Certification
- Experience in the development of proposals and capture management
- Experience with US Army Unmanned Aircraft Systems (UAS)
- Report and/or technical writing skills
- Ability to develop Earned Value Management System (EVMS) management plans
- A Bachelor’s degree and 12+ years of prior relevant experience or Masters with 6+ years of prior relevant experience. Additional years of experience allowed in lieu of a degree.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Secret
Travel:Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.