Job Requisition:Systems Engineer (SME) - TS/SCI w/ Poly
Applies systems engineering principles throughout the systems life cycle phases: Concept, Development, Production, Utilization, Support, and Retirement.
Interacts with the Government regarding Systems Engineering technical considerations and for associated problems, issues or conflicts.
Communicates with other program personnel, government overseers, and senior executives.
Responsibility for the technical integrity, quality, and completeness of work performed and deliverables associated with one or more of the 25 process areas defined by ISO/IEC15288:
- Technical Process Area - Stakeholder Requirements Definition, Requirements Analysis, Architectural Design, Implementation, Integration, Verification, Transition, Validation, Operation, Maintenance, and Disposal;
- Project Process Area - Project Planning, Project Assessment and Control, Decision Management, Risk Management, Configuration Management, Information Management, and Measurement;
- Enterprise (Organizational Project-Enabling) Process Area – Project Portfolio Management, Infrastructure Management, Lifecycle Model Management, Human Resource Management, and Quality Management;
- Agreement Process Area - Acquisition and Supply.
The SME System Engineer shall possess the following capabilities:
- Perform systems engineering activities and assist in the preparation of a work product in Technical Process Areas associated with the ISO/IEC 15288.
- Perform systems engineering activities and assist in the preparation of multiple work products in Project and/or Technical Process Areas associated with any of the ISO/IEC 15288 processes.
- Assist in performing systems engineering activities in the ISO/IEC 15288 Agreement or Enterprise Process Areas.
- Develop and deliver a work product in any of the ISO/IEC 15288 Process Areas.
- Perform analysis of technical alternatives for a project and make preliminary recommendations.
- Independently analyze, and recommend alternatives for elements of project’s technical design.
- Perform systems engineering activities and develop and deliver work products in each of the ISO/IEC 15288 Project and Technical Process Areas.
Supervise or coordinate the work of other contractor engineers or technicians on a project.
Analyze and propose appropriate engineering standards and processes for a project.
Assist in conducting an evaluation to determine its suitability for project implementation.
Assist in developing a new or innovative approach to a technical or engineering issue.
Brief stakeholders and present the status on all technical aspects of their project.
Independently make decisions regarding engineering issues and methodology for a project.
Approve delivery of work products of multiple Processes Areas defined in the ISO/IEC 15288.
Lead contractor systems engineering activities for a project to include supervising the work of the project engineering staff and technicians.
- **Note 1** Examples of Qualified engineering fields include: Aeronautics, Biomedical, Chemical, Civil, Computer, Electrical, Environmental, Mechanical, Nuclear, Software, Systems, and Engineering Management.
**Note 2** Examples of related disciplines include: Chemistry, Computer Science, Information Systems, Mathematics, and Physics.
- A Bachelor’s degree in a Qualified Engineering Field (See Note 1) or a related discipline (See Note 2) from an accredited college or university plus 15-20 years of systems engineering experience.
- Or High School Diploma or GED and 19 years of general system engineering experience (any Process Area)
- Or Master’s degree in a Qualified Engineering Field (See Note 1) or a related discipline (See Note 2) from an accredited college or university plus 13 years of systems engineering experience.
- Or PhD in a Qualified Engineering Field (See Note 1) or a related discipline (See Note 2) from an accredited college or university plus 13 years of systems engineering experience
- An active TS/SCI with a polygraph is required in order to be considered for this position.
External Referral Bonus:Eligible
Potential for Telework:No
Clearance Level Required:Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40
Job Family:Systems Engineering2000Intelligence
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.